Program to disarm DSC alarm when Schlage Z-Wave handle is unlocked?

edokid

Hi everyone, I have ISY994 with Z-Wave and a Schalge Z-Wave deadbolt on the front door.  I have a DSC alarm with the EnvsiLink or whatever it is to give it networking, and lastly a Raspberry Pi 2 running DSCLink to interface the DSC with the ISY.

I'd like to have it so that when we leave the house and press the Schlage button to lock the door, that it also arms the alarm in away mode.  Then when we enter the user code 1 on the door to reenter, have it disarm the alarm.  For anyone unfamiliar, DSCLink works by updating variables on the ISY, so you have a variable for almost every alarm option that's updated with a 1 or 0, like Armed_Away, Exit_Delay, Zone1, etc.  Then using the Network module on the ISY and the DSCLink Relay you can arm the alarm, disarm it and so on.  Phew.

The program I tried first was:

If Control 'Front Door' is switched unlocked by keypad

Resource 'Disarm Alarm'

Second:

If Control 'Front Door' is switched Locked by keypad

Resource 'Arm Alarm'

This doesn't seem to work consistently.  The first try worked, but then locking or unlocking from MobiLinc would trigger it as well, when I thought "switched unlocked by keypad" meant only from outside on the keypad, not a mobile app.  It worked a few more times and then got out of sync, even manually unlocking the door was turning off the alarm.  Both resources work when tested, just wondering if there's a better way to do this.  Thanks!

*Quick edit, I'm wondering if the lock is messing up as I just noticed in the ISY it shows it as Unlocked, but when I last used it months ago I remember it would show if it was manually unlocked or a user code etc, so seems like it's missing info.

I figured it out, I was running 5.0.2 and Java would not let the admin console run no matter what I did, so saw on another post about using a lower version so realized I've been running 5.0.2 firmware but with the 4.4.6 admin console.  Just downgraded back to 4.4.6 problem solved.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I have ISY994 with Z-Wave and a Schalge Z-Wave deadbolt on the front door.  I have a DSC alarm with the EnvsiLink or whatever it is to give it networking, and lastly a Raspberry Pi 2 running DSCLink to interface the DSC with the ISY.

Interesting post. I have a DSC alarm at another site as well that I plan to hook up to the network.  I am familiar with the Envisalink add-on to do this. I assume the ISY can then send commands to the alarm through the networking module.  But how does the Raspberry Pi and DSCLink help with the ISY connection?  And do these allow the ISY to know the status of the alarm or do you need a separate app to access the alarm for the status?

Also, from my experience with the ELKM1 at home, your method of leaving then arming AWAY will not work. It seems you have to arm first, then leave (opening and closing a door) otherwise the system will default to arm STAY.

I don't trust my ISY to disarm my alarm, so I went the other direction, but I'm fine with the ISY knowing the status of the alarm/sensors via state variables.

Going to 'ARM-Away' mode triggers a program on the ISY, waits several seconds after the alarm is armed, then all Schlage locks are locked automatically.

Archived