Clock off by one hour after upgrading firmware to v4.4.6

ahwman

I upgraded my ISY firmware last night using the portal to v4.4.6 and everything seemed to go fine. Then this morning, I noticed that the heat came on an hour late as well as other timed events. I then checked my admin console and sure enough the time is one hour behind. I've tried rebooting, resyncing with the time server and even resetting my location, however it remains an hour behime...

Any ideas how to correct this?

Chuck

I upgraded my ISY firmware last night using the portal to v4.4.6 and everything seemed to go fine. Then this morning, I noticed that the heat came on an hour late as well as other timed events. I then checked my admin console and sure enough the time is one hour behind. I've tried rebooting, resyncing with the time server and even resetting my location, however it remains an hour behime...

Any ideas how to correct this?

Chuck

Hello Chuck,

I read you were having some DST issues before in another thread. Has that issue been resolved as of yet? Also it should be noted somewhere in the 4.4.X branch the UDI team released a DST fix because some of us were seeing a time drift also. In the worst case situation like mine I was seeing *Future Time* like the year was being pushed to 2090 etc.

I can't honestly say if the DST fix UDI released in the code was the solution as they sent me a refurbished board and gather it could have been the battery which powers the real time clock.

Hi Chuck,

I am so very sorry. Please take a look at the attached.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks Michel,

If I uncheck daylight savings time, will it still honor daylight savings time in the fall and automatically adjust?

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Perhaps I didn't understand the issue. Are you currently in a state that honors DST? If so, from the drop down choose USA/Canada. If not, from the drop down choose Off.

I am so very sorry for all these issues. This shouldn't have happened alas it seems that in some cases the DST migration was not successful (we added DST/Time zones for most countries in the world).

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Chuck,

Perhaps I didn't understand the issue. Are you currently in a state that honors DST? If so, from the drop down choose USA/Canada. If not, from the drop down choose Off.

I am so very sorry for all these issues. This shouldn't have happened alas it seems that in some cases the DST migration was not successful (we added DST/Time zones for most countries in the world).

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

I have it set up correctly. I live in Detroit Michigan, which honors daylight savings time. However, when I use the time server to synchronize, as I've had it set for years, it puts me an hour behind telling me that daylight savings time is engaged when it should be disengaged. For now, I have to uncheck the time server to synchronize and instead use the computers time. Anyway to fix this?

Chuck

• 5 weeks later...

Any update on this? I can duplicate the issue on v.4.4.6 for Seattle WA. The FW and UI are the same. For me, I am not able to check "DST" - its greyed out (and checked) and when I select NTP Server it sets it one hour behind. Unchecking NTP and using the computers time it sets it to the correct time. Something is happening here.

Scott,

Click on Change Location button and from the drop down choose the location you are in. Alternatively, you can click on Day Light Saving Rule and choose how you want ISY handle day light saving.

With kind regards,

Michel

I should have mentioned that I did/had all that. There is something wrong with this. I can manually add or manipulate to GMT setback for it to work. Its just not working as expected.

Just wanted to chime in that I have the same issue, ended up making a custom location and changing the time zone offset by an hour to make it work correctly....I am in Michigan and was trying to use the Detroit location...was off by an hour.  Am using the default NTP Server (pool.ntp.og). No big deal but wanted to report what appears to be a bug....

Hi Scott,

Please click on Change Location button and attach the screenshot.

With kind regards,

Michel

As requested.

c295f9062e48c98351eb0a00c0bcf6c9.jpg

Cross link to similar/same issue:

Time Zone Wrong After Reboot

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fforum%2Euniversal-devices%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F19077-Time-Zone-Wrong-After-Reboot&share_tid=19077&share_fid=23986&share_type=t

Archived