Program Question

dbuss

I'm using an Elk motion sensor to turn on a stairs light when it senses motion. Which it does just fine. Then I want the light to turn off in 10 minutes. I can't get the light to turn off.

I have two light switches(one at the top of the stairs and one at the bottom of the stairs) that are linked in a scene called Stairs Light. 

I've tried using motion to turn on the scene and that works fine.

I've tried turning off the scene after 10 minutes and the scene will not turn off.

Below is the program I'm currently using.

Stairs Light On Night

If

From     9:00:00PM

To      Sunrise (next day)

And Elk Zone 'Upstairs MS' is Violated

Then

In Scene 'Stairs Light' Set 'Stairs Light - Top of Stairs' 35% (On Level)

Wait  10 minutes 

Set Scene 'Stairs Light' Off

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

I'm using an Elk motion sensor to turn on a stairs light when it senses motion. Which it does just fine. Then I want the light to turn off in 10 minutes. I can't get the light to turn off.

I have two light switches(one at the top of the stairs and one at the bottom of the stairs) that are linked in a scene called Stairs Light. 

I've tried using motion to turn on the scene and that works fine.

I've tried turning off the scene after 10 minutes and the scene will not turn off.

Below is the program I'm currently using.

Stairs Light On Night

If
        To      Sunrise (next day)
    And Elk Zone 'Upstairs MS' is Violated

Then
        Wait  10 minutes 

Else

Your Elk zone is probably timing out, sending an Off to ISY. Your pogram sees the Off and runs the Else section, stopping the Then section from finishing

Either make a disabled program and call it from the first one, shorten your Wait 10 minutes, or lengthen your MS time off delay so it survives the Wait 10 minutes timer.

If
        To      Sunrise (next day)                            <----these two lines can cause Else to run and Then to stop
    And Elk Zone 'Upstairs MS' is Violated         <----

Then
       Run Program2
Else
       ----

Program 2 (disabled)
If
       --
Then
        Wait  10 minutes 

Else

Put your 'Then' into a separate program (with no 'If' clause), and change the original program to call the new program instead of directly executing the commands.

I figured it was something like this but had no idea what to do. I appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Your Elk zone is probably timing out, sending an Off to ISY. Your pogram sees the Off and runs the Else section, stopping the Then section from finishing

Either make a disabled program and call it from the first one, shorten your Wait 10 minutes, or lengthen your MS time off delay so it survives the Wait 10 minutes timer.

If
        To      Sunrise (next day)                            <----these two lines can cause Else to run and Then to stop
    And Elk Zone 'Upstairs MS' is Violated         <----

Then
       Run Program2
Else
       ----

Program 2 (disabled)
If
       --
Then
        Wait  10 minutes 

Else

Thank you.

Archived