Google’s answer to Amazon's Echo is code-named ‘Chirp’ and is landing soon

Scottmichaelj

Hopefully this is true, and they do it right.  However I think Amazon may have taken the market already. I've spoken with people whom have no experience with HA and think the echo is the HA hub, and believe once they get the echo they have a HA system.   So I think everyone who is intrigued by the echo may own one by the time google releases anything.  When the novelty wares off, they may not be willing to try something else.

The novelty is also gone for me except for the timer function in the kitchen, when my hands a dirty and my phone is in the other room or in my pocket. But for the HA side of things it needs a lot of work before it is more than a toy.

Hopefully this is true, and they do it right. However I think Amazon may have taken the market already. I've spoken with people whom have no experience with HA and think the echo is the HA hub, and believe once they get the echo they have a HA system. So I think everyone who is intrigued by the echo may own one by the time google releases anything. When the novelty wares off, they may not be willing to try something else.

The novelty is also gone for me except for the timer function in the kitchen, when my hands a dirty and my phone is in the other room or in my pocket. But for the HA side of things it needs a lot of work before it is more than a toy.

Javi, finally refreshing to hear someone else say what I been! Thank you.

I love toys B)

Archived