Fanlinc

diggler

Havent used it in a while. Decided to install on a new fan. Isy sees it, turns on the fan no issues. The light goes green for the light side but no power on the blue wire. Open unit and can see the nuetral got burned. Any else see this.a33600375c780029b44a4390d32793e4.jpg231aee7cc7bf413ed3356db5e52d391a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

If you have power at all to the FanLinc, then the neutral wire and its connection is intact. Tmorse305 is correct. Something other component caused the discoloring on the white wire.

7f06f3c287f3e50b8ec65b781a66940f.jpgbehind the 3 metal tabs with the insulator on it. The is a black 3 prong electrode, number on board is Q9. Tht looks like the culprit

Or the top one attached to the heat sinc

Must have been a misprint or they changed the price.

When I looked at the link earlier it was $49.99. Smarthome sales page is $79.99.

Q9 in the FCC photos is probably a Triac used to control AC power. Could be the one that controls the High Speed AC or one of the others used to switch different capacitors in to the fan circuit. To select a speed setting.

The number starting with BTA is the manufacturers part number for a commonly sold TRIAC.

Many electronic parts vendors like Mouser or DigiKey should have them.

A web search will also find the manufacturers web site datasheets and vendors stocking them.

Was this module ever connected to anything or maybe was a Certified Refurbished from Smarthome?

The only thing I can think of at the moment. Is the Red or Blue wire was shorted to Neutral, the load was grossly overloaded or a very high noise pulse blew it out.

If it was a Refurbished module. The first owner may have blown it out and returned it.

IMHO Smarthome does NOT 100% test returns resold as refurbished. I got an On Off Module with the whole internal PCB just floating loose in the case. No spacers or mounting screws in it to hold the PCB. Another one only the Red LED would work. The Green section was dead.

In your initial reply you said you haven't used it in awhile? Does that mean this fan linc was in service in your home before and operated just fine upon removal?

If so how long did it take before you noticed the problem you illustrated above?

Archived