Issues I have encountered and requests before purchasing

pyrorobert

Hello James,

I am testing out your app before purchasing, so I have some issues, questions, and requests.

I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 5, a Samsung Note 10.1 tablet, and a Samsung Tab 7 tablet. The Samsung 7" tablet is mounted on a wall to use for controlling and monitoring while at home, but is also used for streaming music and movies, and viewing exterior cameras.

The first issue I noticed is that my insteon hidden door sensors do not change state whatsoever. They read open and just won't change state. I also noticed that my IOLinc relay side is not showing anywhere. I do see the sensor state in the sensor folder, but I cannot find the relay side of it. The sensor state of the IOLinc does read on when active, but does not show an amber state or any other way to show it's active. Is this normal? Is it possible to show the icon in an active state?

Because I also use my tablets, I noticed that a lot of the labels are overlapping each other. I also noticed that the icons for motion sensors are all on top of each other too. The thermostat buttons are not aligned either and are on top of the set point temps. From the home page, I would press the thermostat button but it would not take me to the thermostat page. I also noticed that it has the same IOLinc and hidden door sensor issues as my phone too.

As far as requests, is it possible to show your app in landscape mode as my tablet is mounted this way in the wall. It would be nice to see status in the icons too, other than just verbage. Having icons change state would be more appealing. Or even the ability to add our own kind of icons.

Adding widgets to my home page of my phone is important and would also like them to show true status including thermostats. This would help skip the step of opening the app to activate a switch or disarm my security system.

Is there a way to hide any device, scene or program?

Thank you again for all the hard work and it is appreciated. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Robert

Hello James,

I am testing out your app before purchasing, so I have some issues, questions, and requests.

I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 5, a Samsung Note 10.1 tablet, and a Samsung Tab 7 tablet. The Samsung 7" tablet is mounted on a wall to use for controlling and monitoring while at home, but is also used for streaming music and movies, and viewing exterior cameras.

The first issue I noticed is that my insteon hidden door sensors do not change state whatsoever. They read open and just won't change state. I also noticed that my IOLinc relay side is not showing anywhere. I do see the sensor state in the sensor folder, but I cannot find the relay side of it. The sensor state of the IOLinc does read on when active, but does not show an amber state or any other way to show it's active. Is this normal? Is it possible to show the icon in an active state?

Because I also use my tablets, I noticed that a lot of the labels are overlapping each other. I also noticed that the icons for motion sensors are all on top of each other too. The thermostat buttons are not aligned either and are on top of the set point temps. From the home page, I would press the thermostat button but it would not take me to the thermostat page. I also noticed that it has the same IOLinc and hidden door sensor issues as my phone too.

As far as requests, is it possible to show your app in landscape mode as my tablet is mounted this way in the wall. It would be nice to see status in the icons too, other than just verbage. Having icons change state would be more appealing. Or even the ability to add our own kind of icons.

Adding widgets to my home page of my phone is important and would also like them to show true status including thermostats. This would help skip the step of opening the app to activate a switch or disarm my security system.

Is there a way to hide any device, scene or program?

Thank you again for all the hard work and it is appreciated. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Robert

Do the door sensors change state on the ISY?

The relay for the iolinc is built into to same sensor object. Please send a screenshot of what you are having troubles with. All statuses and button options a configurable from the object detail activity.

What device are you noticing the UI issues ? Please send screenshots.

From the home page press the icon to go to details activity. Long press on item to activate drag/drop sort.

Landscape may come. A lot of work to maintain multiple layout resources. Google IO have displayed a few new possibilities that might make it easier, but will not be worked on until later this year.

Widgets and possible boolean icons will come later. This is a lot of work for one person in such a short time. I will be taking the summer off other the bug fixes and other small issues after 1.0 launch on market.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hi James,

Thank you for respoding so quickly.

The hidden door sensors do respond to the ISY and to Mobilinc, but not to Agave.

As for the IOLinc, I have 2 different ones installed that the relay is controlling one item, but the sensor is monitoring another item. I do have one for my garage door and understand how that would work as you have meant for it to work.

I have some screenshots, but would you want them posted here or emailed to you?

Thank you,

Robert

Hi James,

The hidden door sensors do respond to the ISY and to Mobilinc, but not to Agave.

As for the IOLinc, I have 2 different ones installed that the relay is controlling one item, but the sensor is monitoring another item. I do have one for my garage door and understand how that would work as you have meant for it to work.

Thank you,

Robert

Hi James,

Thank you,

Robert

PM me them.

Hi James,

Thank you,

Robert

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I am seeing comments on threads about samsung devices not obeying density and screen size rules of android.  Do you have a device that is not samsung to test with and do you have and custom UI/density/font size settings enabled on the device?  

Anyone else having these issues?

Hi James,

Thank you,

Robert

I changed my mind.  Please post them here, so if anyone else is having these issues, we can track it down.

Archived