2672-222 LED Light bulb flashing

joemac

Several days ago I noticed the LEDs on all of my 2477D dimmer switches briefly flashing off about every 5 seconds.  Everything else was working fine so it was not high on my priority list to trouble shoot.  Yesterday I turned on a rarely used light which is one of the 2672-222 LED Light bulbs.  It was flashing off in sync with the dimmer switch LEDs.  As you might imagine this was quite annoying so I removed the 2672-222 light bulb from the socket.  Doing this also stopped the flashing LEDs on the dimmer switches.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Any thoughts on the cause?

Not 100% sure if the 2477D has the blink on traffic feature or on power line noise also.

If it does the 2672-222 maybe sending noise back on the power lines and the 2477D is blinking its LEDs from the noise or bogus Insteon messages.

Is the 2672-222 always in a live socket and you turn it On; Off and Brightness level with Insteon Commands? So that if is going bad. It has power all the time.

Flashing at 60 or 120 cycles could be the power supply in the 2672-222 is starting to fail.

Restore did not work.  It was well past the 2 year warranty.  It is now in the trash.  I never was a big fan of the light bulb.  I bought it to try it out when I started with Insteon.  At full brightness it was ok, but I did not like the color when dimmed.  It also not a smooth transition when ramping the brightness up or down.

Archived