Clear Java Cache...maybe

ulrick65

I noticed that a few people lately have had issues that are finally resolved by clearing the java cache, reinstalling 2.6.13, etc. and I was wondering if maybe we need a good description on exactly what to do to clear the java cache when upgrading firmware.

I remember from somewhere that java will not clear the cache if Internet Explorer is open. Problem is, if everyones works likes mine, the little java icon disappears once you close internet explorer.

What I have been doing is when the icon is there, I right click on it and go to "Open Control Panel". I then close all sessions of Internet Explorer and then clear the cache. I am not sure if this right, wrong or helping in any way...however, I have not had issues like many others have. Then again, lots of people have not had the issues....so I don't know.

Can anyone confirm the proper way to clear the cache?

How about the proper way to install the new firmware updates (specifics for folks that might not be savy with this kind of thing)?

Maybe I'm off base here, but it seems like it might alleviate some issues for people.

Hello Eric,

Good question!

1. Close all your browser windows

2. Control Panel -> Java (on MAC, you might have to reboot your computer)

3. Settings->Delete Files (select all)

With kind regards,

Michel

I noticed that a few people lately have had issues that are finally resolved by clearing the java cache, reinstalling 2.6.13, etc. and I was wondering if maybe we need a good description on exactly what to do to clear the java cache when upgrading firmware.

I remember from somewhere that java will not clear the cache if Internet Explorer is open. Problem is, if everyones works likes mine, the little java icon disappears once you close internet explorer.

What I have been doing is when the icon is there, I right click on it and go to "Open Control Panel". I then close all sessions of Internet Explorer and then clear the cache. I am not sure if this right, wrong or helping in any way...however, I have not had issues like many others have. Then again, lots of people have not had the issues....so I don't know.

How about the proper way to install the new firmware updates (specifics for folks that might not be savy with this kind of thing)?

Maybe I'm off base here, but it seems like it might alleviate some issues for people.

:roll: I never thought to look in the Control Panel!

"Silly Eric...computers are for kids!"

Hello Eric,

Good question!

1. Close all your browser windows

2. Control Panel -> Java (on MAC, you might have to reboot your computer)

3. Settings->Delete Files (select all)

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived