ISY/PLM problem

jrini

I recently had multiple power interruptions while an electrician was working on a problem in my house.  When the work was finished, I tried to restart my ISY 994/IR Pro admin console.  I got a message saying the ISY was in safe mode.  I tried executing the “Restore Modem(PLM)”.  The result has been red exclamation marks on all of my insteon devices. 

1)  All of the previous scenes appear to be working. 

2)  None of the ISY programs appear to be working. 

3)  I have been able to mechanically link devices.

4)  I have tried to restore the ISY from the most recently archived firmware load with no effect.

What can /should  I do next?

John Rini

Hi John

Sounds like the PLM is either in a confused state, or possibly dead. 

Did you try unplugging the PLM, and ISY; plugging the PLM back in, waiting 10 seconds, and then start the ISY?

Give that a try if you didn't.  If it comes up in safe mode again, a factory reset of the PLM and a restore PLM would be the next thing to try, observing the restart sequence listed above.

Paul

Is your PLM a bit over 2 years old?  

Is the green led on?

If the answer is yes and no, you likely have a dead plm.  See the PLM thread on this site for how to fix, or buy a new one.  The power going on and off is probably not the problem, except that perhaps a small surge from that might have been the straw that broke it's already nearly broken back.

Archived