yet another keypadlink-scene question

epete

I am still trying to grasp the basics here.  So I understand the best way to use a key from a keypad link is to create a scene and then set the key as both a controller and responder to that scene.  This way the LED Light on the key will stay synchronized with the devices in the scene.

So I have a lamp that was set with a program to turn on 30 minutes before sunset and turn off at 1:00 AM.  That worked fine.  Then my Keypadlinc arrived and I made a scene where a key would control the lamp.  The timer still worked byt the LED did not turn on/off with the timer.

So I changed the program to work on the scene.  The option that was available was 

If 

Time is Sunset - 30 Minutes

Then 

In Scene 'LR Lamp'  Set 'Living Room Lamp' 100% (On Level)

I have a similar program to adjust the scene to 0% (On Level) at 1:00 AM.

But these two programs don't seem to do anything.  They were working fine without the LED when linked directly to the device.

I am still trying to grasp the basics here. So I understand the best way to use a key from a keypad link is to create a scene and then set the key as both a controller and responder to that scene. This way the LED Light on the key will stay synchronized with the devices in the scene.

So I have a lamp that was set with a program to turn on 30 minutes before sunset and turn off at 1:00 AM. That worked fine. Then my Keypadlinc arrived and I made a scene where a key would control the lamp. The timer still worked byt the LED did not turn on/off with the timer.

So I changed the program to work on the scene. The option that was available was

If

Time is Sunset - 30 Minutes

Then

In Scene 'LR Lamp' Set 'Living Room Lamp' 100% (On Level)

I have a similar program to adjust the scene to 0% (On Level) at 1:00 AM.

But these two programs don't seem to do anything. They were working fine without the LED when linked directly to the device.

You have written programs to change brightness.

Now write programs to turn a device on and off.

A scene is like a group of devices with a bunch of presets. You were playing with the p resetting, not the devices.

An Insteon scene is like a a button on your car radio but with a volume preset too.

In ISY you just push that button and the station and the volume happens, all set up before.

These were created before ISY was even hatched and can work between devices without smarts.

Archived