ECHO -> ISY ->ELK M1 -> CHIME OFF/ON

dpjkw

Is there a way to turn the ELK-M1 Chime Off/On using the ISY?

I was unable to find in any of the ELK Module functions.

I would like to use the Echo App to tell the ISY, to tell the Elk to turn Off/On the Chime

Thanks for the assistance.

I don't know of a way to do it directly from ISY. But you could utilize one of the unused phantom Outputs to trigger an Automation Rule to enable/disable the charm.

For example,

Echo -> Run Some ISY Program that turns on Output 220

Elk Automation Rule 1:

Whenever Output 220 is turned on,

Then Enable Chime

Elk Automation Rule 2:

Whenever Output 220 is turned ff,

Then Disable Chime

You could also do this with an unused zone by triggering it open with an ISY program and writing an Automation Rule that fires when that zone opens, but I prefer the Outputs.

Is there a way to turn the ELK-M1 Chime Off/On using the ISY?

I was unable to find in any of the ELK Module functions.

I would like to use the Echo App to tell the ISY, to tell the Elk to turn Off/On the Chime

Thanks for the assistance.

Yes, I do this with my Echo now.  One of our most used Echo commands, actually.  I like the elegance of Shannong's approach, but here is what I did if you want another way:

First, you need to use RP program to set one of your Keypad buttons to turn Chime Off (I used F1) and another to turn Chime On (I use F2).  Then, in ISY, create a program named "Door Chime" with THEN statement "Set Elk Keypad 'keypad name' Press F1".  Use ELSE with Chime Off button such as F2.  Finally, use either the portal or an emulator (I use the later) to create an Echo entry for that program.  

Then, we just say "Alexa, turn on Door Chime" or "Alexa, turn off Door Chime"

Yes, I do this with my Echo now. One of our most used Echo commands, actually. I like the elegance of Shannong's approach, but here is what I did if you want another way:

First, you need to use RP program to set one of your Keypad buttons to turn Chime Off (I used F1) and another to turn Chime On (I use F2). Then, in ISY, create a program named "Door Chime" with THEN statement "Set Elk Keypad 'keypad name' Press F1". Use ELSE with Chime Off button such as F2. Finally, use either the portal or an emulator (I use the later) to create an Echo entry for that program.

Then, we just say "Alexa, turn on Door Chime" or "Alexa, turn off Door Chime"

Why not just use one F key and have it light when chime is on and off when...well off? You can do that you know. Then F key something else. :)

How does one use an emulator to create an echo entry rather than the portal? I am curious what you did.

Long thread HERE.  Start and end and work backwards.  Also, see my signature below for my configuration and program versions.  

Archived