No Portal Tab and Module showing as uninstalled

klebel

Hi All,

I read the wiki and followed the directions that I found but I still have a few issues.  

1. When I log into the ISY Portal my ISY is showing as offline and unavailable.  I verified the UID is correct.
  2. Opening up the admin console I do not have a Portal Tab under Configuration.
  3. When I click on Manage Modules to see my list of modules, I get the following.
  4. ISY Portal 
    Uninstalled.
    Active

What step did I miss?

Thanks,

Kerry

When you do (in the Admin Console) 'Help' / 'Manage Modules' what happens?

You said in the first post, but manage modules does not produce a list. 'Purchase Modules' does. Maybe you haven't gone into manage yet, and therefore have not yet installed the needed module.

Michael.

Interestingly enough the Tab now shows up.  No idea what changed.  So now I see the Portal Tab but it says Offline/Not Registered.  When I got to my.isy.io and take a look I have my ISY listed in there but it shows as offline.  Not sure how it can't be registered when I added it into the ISY Portal.

Go to alexa.amazon.com  Log in using your Amazon account credentials. Select Smart Home, Get More Smart Home Skills, search for ISY, enable ISY Optimized for Smart Home V2.

Did that already.  I installed the skillset but it can't find the ISY.  Same thing for the ISY Portal.  Nothing seems to be able to see the ISY.  Interestingly, when I go into my WIFI router, the ISY shows up in the DHCP table just fine and I can control it just fine via Mobilinc.  Still not sure where the issue lies.

Does ISY Optimized for Smart Home V2 appear in Your Smart Home Skills? Does Disable appear to the right? Did you get a message that you can close this window after enabling the skill? If not, then what specific message did you get? You can try disabling the skill and installing it again.

It does show up in the Alexa skills.  I think we need to take it back a step though.  You are jumping to Alexa when I can't even get the ISY to show up as communicating via the ISY Portal.  So bizarre.  I have port forwarding setup.  My Mobilinc app works just fine.  Just not understanding where the issue is and running out of troubleshooting steps.

Two things to confirm..

Did you validate your email address?(an email would have been sent during setup of your portal account)

Did you authorize the ISY into your portal account? (Portal tab, if I remember correctly)

Two things to confirm..

Did you validate your email address?(an email would have been sent during setup of your portal account)

Did you authorize the ISY into your portal account? (Portal tab, if I remember correctly)

Good questions.  I did validate my email address but I did NOT validate my ISY in the portal account.  I never get asked to validate the ISY in the java based console after I add it or within the my.isy.io console.  It just adds the ISY and thats it.  NOTE:  I have deleted the ISY from the the Portal website and re-added it multiple times.

Thanks Michel for the response.  Couple of things from following that guide.  I have the i994 not the Pro.  So there is no way for me to configure the TLS version or HTTPS Client settings.  The guide also says only the Pro support TLS 1.2.  Also, the link to the dashboard in the PDF guide doesn't work.  Just an FYI.  

Am I not going to be able to use the ISY Hub without a Pro model just because or needing more modern network settings?

This is becoming an exercise in frustration.  I feel like a total Noob.  Why wouldn't these required settings just be exposed in the admin console configuration section with the rest of the network config?  Why the need to add it to a completely new dashboard that I now need to install?  BTW, I just went to do that....

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Home_Automation_Dashboard

Based on that, I am being told I need to follow a link for install files in the wiki that doesn't exist. 

"The latest HAD release can be downloaded here: Link to be supplied soon."

I do not have a wrench in the upper right of my admin console in any of the screens.

OK I have the "other" dashboard now and checked it out.  It was already set to TLS 1.2 and All.  Funny you didn't understand why I ended up digging into HAD.  Maybe because they are both called Dashboards? :)  Verified, rebooted and still showing as offline in the Portal site.

Yup just got it.  I had missed one thing.  Turning off Verify for client side. :(  I am getting one last error.  The Alexa console is not finding the ISY.  I went back into the Portal console and into Connectivity, Amazon Echo and I get this error message:

"The ISY skill is not linked to your portal user profile. Please go to your echo app, enable the ISY skill, and link the skill with this user profile."

​When I go back into the Echo console, and go into the details of the Skill I don't see any place to link the skill to the ISY Portal user profile.  Think I'm getting close. :)

Archived