6 Button Keypad and Fanlinc ---> need simple help

dbwarner5

I have just installed two fanlincs with 6 button keypads. 

I created 3 scenes for each one as follows:

1) Fan on High:

-Keypad a, Responder: set to zero

-Kepyad b Responder: set to zero

-Keypad c Controller: set to 100

-Fanlinc Fan Responder: set to High

2)Fan on Med:

-Keypad a, Responder: set to zero

-Keypad b, Controller: set to 100

-Keypad c, Responder: set to zero

-Fanlinc Fan, Responder set to Med

3)Fan on Low:

-Keypad a, Controller: set to 100

-Keypad b, Responder: set to zero

-Keypad c, Responder: set to zero

-Fanlinc Fan, Responder set to low

All scenes work perfectly when I click on or off in that scen on the ISY.

However, when i press any of the three buttons on the keypad, all three buttons light up and the fan will run on high.  Press any of them a second time and they all turn off and so does the fan..

What is going on here? thanks!

Select the scene. Verify each button overall. Select each individual device in the scene. Verify each setting.

Set the speed buttons (from the KeypadLinc) to be non-toggle On. You also need and off scene.

Thanks Stu. As I mentioned each scene is properly set up. If I go to the scene in the admin console and press on or off it behaves 100% correctly in each case.

But when I press the keypad button I get very different results. All three buttons will light up and the fan goes to high regardless of which button I press

Any other thoughts? This is a "new" install. I have had a system for the last 4-5 years but took it down for the last year while we rebuilt our house. Starting fresh and don't have any other switches installed yet so may just reset everything including the plm to factory settings and see if that clears things

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I can hijack this thread  :mrgreen:

I have a 2487S KeypadLinc (6 button keypad), On/Off toggle controls two lights in the room, button A toggle turns the celing fan light on/off, button B is non-toggle; where I am trying to setup with 4 button press (low, med, high,off) for the celing fan speed.  I have gone through the forum and found various examples of setting a separate button for these commands, but only a couple old threads on setting variables etc for multi-press (non-toggle).

What I have done was create a State Variable "ID1, MBR_fanSpeed,0"

And then I created 4 programs like... 0=off, 1=low, 2=med, 3=high

0 OFF - [iD 0012][Parent 000F]
If
        $MBR_fanSpeed is 0
Then
        Set 'MBR Celing Fan-Motor' Off
        In Scene 'MBR Celing Fan Blades' Set 'MBR Celing Fan-Motor' Off
Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

When I run the Then statements in the above program samples, they all work.  The hang up is creating a program attached to the button B to call these sub-program variables.

Am I all jacked up or close?

One button to toggle through fan speeds:

CR Fan High
If
        Control 'CR / Devices / CR KPL LR Light / CR KPLH CR Fan' is switched On
    And Status  'CR / Devices / CR FanLinc-Light 80 / CR FanLinc-Motor' is Off

Then
        Set Scene 'CR / Scenes / CR Fan-High' On

Else

CR Fan Medium
If
    And Status  'CR / Devices / CR FanLinc-Light 80 / CR FanLinc-Motor' is High

Then
        Set Scene 'CR / Scenes / CR Fan-Medium' On

Else

CR Fan Low
If
    And Status  'CR / Devices / CR FanLinc-Light 80 / CR FanLinc-Motor' is Med

Then
        Set Scene 'CR / Scenes / CR Fan-Low' On

Else

CR Fan Off
If
    And Status  'CR / Devices / CR FanLinc-Light 80 / CR FanLinc-Motor' is Low

Then
        Set Scene 'CR / Scenes / CR Fan-Off' Off

Else

The 'CR / Devices / CR KPL LR Light / CR KPLH CR Fan' button is set to non-toggle On.

Thanks again Stu.  The settings worked except for High; so I am testing it with a single button press i.e.; A = off, B= high, C= med... etc.  Again, everything works, but high... it switches to high per the settings, but the fan itself cuts off.  I've gotta search the forum for that one.  I wanted you; and whomever reads this thread next time, to know that your settings for a multi-press worked though.

-David

David, I dont see anything in the program that would explain this behavior. Assuming you have double checke to confirm your pogram conditions are consistent with th recommendations, also be sure that you don have any scene relationships between the button and fanlinc (did you eliminate your original scenes?).

I just removed everything related to my fan motor... the fan light is on the master switch (toggle on/off), it works.

Switch buttons a,b,c,d are non-toggle on, four scenes were created with either a,b,c,d as the controller and the others (along with the motor) as responders.  I manually adjusted each scene to the settings, e.g. Button A, on 100%, B/C/D on 0%, Motor Off // Button B, on 100%, A/C/D on 0%, Motor Low...  

I created basic programs for these scenes like..

A OFF - [iD 0012][Parent 000F]

If
        Control 'MBR Master Switch - A' is switched On

Then
        Set Scene 'Interior / MBR Celing Fan / Fan OFF' On

Else

B LOW - [iD 000E][Parent 000F]

If
        Control 'MBR Master Switch - B' is switched On

Then
        Set Scene 'Interior / MBR Celing Fan / Fan LOW' On

Else

I would think by turning on a scene, those settings would take affect; therefore, references other scenes as off shouldn't have any affect.  I've had a few miss configurations - like suddenly it just keep cycling through off, low, med, high, off, low...
that was exciting :-/

post-8138-0-98487400-1471283750_thumb.png

post-8138-0-67715500-1471283757_thumb.png

Update: The same thing happens, Low is low, Med is med and High is Off... off is also off.  The Motor says it's High, but the fan is off.  I verified the pull switch on the fan is one past off = high.  Maybe the fan just can't get High - we usually run it on low/med anyway, so I'll ignore High and maybe set button D for something else... like turn on/off the bathroom light too.

Switch buttons a,b,c,d are non-toggle on, four scenes were created with either a,b,c,d as the controller and the others (along with the motor) as responders.  I manually adjusted each scene to the settings, e.g. Button A, on 100%, B/C/D on 0%, Motor Off // Button B, on 100%, A/C/D on 0%, Motor Low...  

I think you are trying too many things at once.  My understanding about the program originally suggested by stusviews was that its purpose was to control fan speeds from a single button.  Is that your intention, or are you trying to control speeds via dedicating four buttons.

Secondarily, if you are using scenes to control fan speeds, no program is needed.  I suspect your scenes are fighting your programs.

The fan turns off. :-/

When you move the slider to "HIGH", the motor turns off?!  That strikes me as very strange.  I can think of no reason for this other than device failure.  Are you sure there are no other programs triggered by "STATUS" of fanlinc?

David,

Set the FanLinc (device, not scene) to high. Pull the chain one time. What's the result?

oberkc,

My one-button fan speed cycle still requires a scene for each speed (and off). One can use four button w/o the programs or one button with the program.

oberkc,

My one-button fan speed cycle still requires a scene for each speed (and off). One can use four button w/o the programs or one button with the program.

Perhaps, but the keypad buttons are a part of none of those scenes.  (Unless you are talking about a second keypad.)

Perhaps I am confused as to what David_Gilbert is trying to accomplish?  Four buttons (High/Med/Low/Off)?  One button toggling through the speeds?  Both?

Yes, I confused you.  Sorry.  I first wanted one button to do it; and Stu helped... I was able to program it so that button B would toggle through the settings, but High wasn't working.  I figured I may have screwed something up, so I deleted everything related to the fan motor and started over setting each button A, B, C & D to a setting... Off, Low, Med, High.  At this point, every button works; however, like before... all but High.

That takes us to now.  I had mentioned it and Stu tried to help me do some troubleshooting.  The chain pull is, off, high, med, low - so I verified that it was indeed set to high. 

@Oberkc Springfield Oh huh?  I'm originally from Greenville, Oh... but now I live in VA.

I think you are trying too many things at once.  My understanding about the program originally suggested by stusviews was that its purpose was to control fan speeds from a single button.  Is that your intention, or are you trying to control speeds via dedicating four buttons.

Secondarily, if you are using scenes to control fan speeds, no program is needed.  I suspect your scenes are fighting your programs.

When you move the slider to "HIGH", the motor turns off?!  That strikes me as very strange.  I can think of no reason for this other than device failure.  Are you sure there are no other programs triggered by "STATUS" of fanlinc?

The programs I have now are just this...

D HIGH - [iD 000C][Parent 000F]

If
        Control 'MBR Master Switch - D' is switched On  <--- switch is 'on'

Then
        Set Scene 'Interior / MBR Celing Fan / Fan HIGH' On  <--- enable this scene

Else

I will review the programs again, but I'm pretty sure I removed every other/previous instance calling FanLinc - Motor

post-8138-0-57146000-1471304089_thumb.png

@Oberkc Springfield Oh huh?  I'm originally from Greenville, Oh... but now I live in VA.

Yes, sunny Springfield.  Lots of nice places in VA.  Hope you like it.

Sorry.  I first wanted one button to do it; and Stu helped... I was able to program it so that button B would toggle through the settings, but High wasn't working.  I figured I may have screwed something up, so I deleted everything related to the fan motor and started over setting each button A, B, C & D to a setting... Off, Low, Med, High.  At this point, every button works; however, like before... all but High.

If your intention is to use button B to toggle the fan motor, then why are you setting buttons A-D "to a setting"?  Have you given up on the one-button approach?  What about button A?  I thought you said that this was for the fan light?  Is this no longer true?  Is button A still a controller for the fan light?

Perhaps I am being counter-productive and simply need to back out of this as gracefully as possible.

Yes, sunny Springfield.  Lots of nice places in VA.  Hope you like it.

If your intention is to use button B to toggle the fan motor, then why are you setting buttons A-D "to a setting"?  Have you given up on the one-button approach?  What about button A?  I thought you said that this was for the fan light?  Is this no longer true?  Is button A still a controller for the fan light?

Perhaps I am being counter-productive and simply need to back out of this as gracefully as possible.

I switched from 1 button to a basic 4 button A,B,C,D configuration...  the On/Off is the light.  

A=off, B=low, C=med, D=high

I switched from 1 button to a basic 4 button A,B,C,D configuration...  the On/Off is the light.  

A=off, B=low, C=med, D=high

OK.  Have you tried stusviews suggestion?  What is not always clear is that, within a given scene, responder levels can be different for each controller.  For example, in the "HIGH" scene, you may have the fanlinc response level set to high at the SCENE level, but with response level set to OFF when responding to button A. 

Archived