FanLinc damaged (8 damaged in total)

I dont need to contact tech support. I have it on much greater authority that there is no fanlinc based on 1.4 coming out. As I stated earlier in this thread, the information that you are posting is incorrect. 

There are always new revs coming out. Sometimes it is a firmware change, sometimes, it's hardware, sometimes both. Many times, it's simply a matter a a supplier change without any thing functionally being different. With that said, the next release will not be based off 1.4.

Im not saying that there has been a firmware change. I'm stating the reasons for different rev changes. In regards to his information, he is giving out improper information.

Many users use this forum for guidance. It's important that the information given is correct

Im not saying that there has been a firmware change. I'm stating the reasons for different rev changes. In regards to his information, he is giving out improper information.

Many users use this forum for guidance. It's important that the information given is correct

You stated sometimes it was a firmware revision so I clarified that there hasn't been a firmware revision.

You also didn't clarify your statement that all old stock is sent out first.

B.R.I.A.D.A.

Best regards,

Gary Funk

Anytime there is a firmware update, if in stock devices are upgradeable, they will be upgraded prior to shipping. If there is a hardware change or anything not requiring devices to be flashed, then old stock will simply be sold until they run out.

correct old stock will be sold out first even though they know it's defective.

Unless a ceiling fan explodes lol

Anytime there is a firmware update, if in stock devices are upgradeable, they will be upgraded prior to shipping. If there is a hardware change or anything not requiring devices to be flashed, then old stock will simply be sold until they run out.

Stus is right. When a firmware update is pushed, the warehouse stick is updated. If it is a hardware change then they will sell the old stock first. All items that ship from the warehouse has the latest firmware

So, which is it? Old stock sold first or old stock mixed in with new stock?

I know for a fact old stock is not sold out before new stock.

Old stock is ALWAYS sold first. If there is a firmware change that the old stock can receive, they we flash them and sell them before new stock gets sold.

Knowing what I know about their processes, (FIFO) outside of someone pulling the wrong product for shipping, old stock will go first.

Old stock is ALWAYS sold first. If there is a firmware change that the old stock can receive, they we flash them and sell them before new stock gets sold.

Knowing what I know about their processes, (FIFO) outside of someone pulling the wrong product for shipping, old stock will go first.

That's NOT true. I ordered a FanLinc last month and received version 1.3.

eb2c623710b4fad65deee08a43e1a74d.jpg

I'm amazed at people that just make up statements that have no business doing so.

I'm Gary Funk and I approved this message.

It's amazing how someone thinks they know more than someone with actual ties to the company such as Stu's and I

Half the people here have ties to the company. The other half are an authority and an expert. The third half hide behind a keyboard.

I only know your statement isn't true by evidence that my latest FanLinc received is a 1.3. Also versions including 1.4, 1.45, 1.8, 1.9 and 2.1 have been sent out not in revision order.

I'm Gary Funk and I approved this message.

Besides, it's not my place to follow shipping. I'm just starting what the processes are. Any breakdowns are between shipping and production

Exactly. Procedure and reality seldom agree. And we have seen may too many disconnects between what should be and "shipping" at SmartHome.

B.R.I.A.D.A.

Best regards,

Gary Funk

Archived