FanLinc damaged (8 damaged in total)

That FanLinc was produced in 2014. Seems like Insteon reverted to a more stable revision. What does the ISY report (for each)?

It's the 1.9 versions produced in 2016 that are burning out in a week.

I'm Gary Funk. Pay no attention to this message.

I have a FanLinc that was installed around February, 2015. I don't know the production date nor the revision, but the ISY reports v.41.

I have a FanLinc that was installed around February, 2015. I don't know the production date nor the revision, but the ISY reports v.41.

That's hardware 1.2 to 1.4.

1.45 to 2.1 have firmware .45.

I'm Gary Funk and I approved this message.

I just got around to calling to RMA a pair of v1.9 that died a while back.  Customer service guy was helpful and friendly and seemed fairly knowledgable about FanLinc issues.  He said he was sending me updated models that he referred to as 2475F "eco" that fixed the issues they have been having with the v1.9 models.  He also said they are very open to approving RMAs for FanLincs so if I had any others with issues to let them know.

Obviously take anything from a customer service rep with a grain of salt, I guess I'll see what I end up receiving in a few days.

The FanLinc i received yesterday does not work today.

There are some serious problems at SmartHome. I just don't understand how anyone can let their company run this way.

The FanLinc i received yesterday does not work today.

There are some serious problems at SmartHome. I just don't understand how anyone can let their company run this way.

What exactly is the issue with this new unit? Loss of low, med, high, or just doesn't operate at all?

SmartHome support told me the latest version is 1.9 but I will be sent a more robust version.

Are they stupid or are they being told to lie?

What does *more robust* version mean?!? 

What exactly is the issue with this new unit? Loss of low, med, high, or just doesn't operate at all?

What does *more robust* version mean?!?

The Low burned out with a bad smell.

I wasn't told what it means.

Anyone tried cracking these open and fixing them up like we do with the PLMs?  If it's only a matter of swapping out some parts for higher quality ones might save a good bit of trouble.

I would probably entertain this route if it was out of warranty service. But since Gary is still within the covered warranty period it doesn't make sense to do that right now.

If any of my Revision 1.05 produced in 2012 the 02 week die I surely will. But since they have been running just fine for more than five years who knows.

Anyone tried cracking these open and fixing them up like we do with the PLMs? If it's only a matter of swapping out some parts for higher quality ones might save a good bit of trouble.

I haven't. I have a v1.2 I could open. Most fail so quickly that they are under warranty.

I'm Gary Funk. Pay no attention to this message.

Been using hardware revision 1.05 production date of 1202 for more than five years with out any issue.

Those were built well. I going to look at all 7 fans and see what hardware version each is.

I've decided to keep a log on every device i have so I can keep track of hardware versions and dates bought.

Those were built well. I going to look at all 7 fans and see what hardware version each is.

I've decided to keep a log on every device i have so I can keep track of hardware versions and dates bought.

Yes, good SOP for almost anything you do with hardware considering this stuff is expensive. I would be interested to see the inside of your unit that died and perhaps compare the ones I have on hand.

I always take photo's of all the internals for historic tracking and recall. Doing so for me helps identify maker and values for parts that I know will go poof and will be next to impossible to read later.

Today I received a FanLinc to replace the bad v1.9 that lasted less than 24 hours. I find it strange that the latest version is v1.2 yet they continue to send out older versions.

There is something really bad going on at SmartHome. They are taking old v1.4 units and making them v2.1.

5309fa17310b4249eae12fb3b0671007.jpg2502ed01aef52105f6deb3be676b5356.jpg

Gary Funk (Joke removed at the request of one user)

Any very remote chance. They are reworking the Rev 1.4 to Rev 2.1. Then changing the Rev label to the new revision?

I did see them change a revision label on the original 2456S3 ApplianceLinc. To rework it so it didn't smoke when switching some very inductive loads. In that case it was in a recall.

Archived