Keypad and X10

lloverin

I'm new to the ISY and would like to know if this is a good way to program.

I wanted to use the A-D buttons on a Keypadlinc to turn on an X10 floodlight for various times then shut off; e.g. 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes and 1 hour.

Each program looks to the keypadlinc button (named time05, time10, etc.) to begin the program:

If control time05 ON

then

send X10 'o2' on

Wait 5 minutes

send X10 '02' off

else control timed spot 05 off

I'm doing this from memory, so it may not be exactly the same. But I don't see the keypad button LED go off at the end of the time cycle. And I had to put a Signalinc phase coupler and a Filterlinc to get the X10 signals through as the PLM is on a isolated circuit with all the computer equipment in the room. The floodlight is the only X10 device I have now.

My other question is, is it better to define a light in a scene then add the keypad or switchlinc controllers to it or define each keypad button and switchlinc and add the light (on a switchlinc or keypad dimmer) to it?

Thank you,

-Larry

Larry, you will need to create a scene that contains the KPL button as a responder and turn that scene Off when you turn off the floodlight in the Then section of your program. The Else section does not execute after Then.

Have a look at this wiki article: SwitchLinc_Emulates_Countdown_Timer for some interesting programming ideas.

#2, I like to add all the responders and then the controllers, but it doesn't really make much difference.

Rand

Archived