Light timer program - simple, but I'm not having success

roadking2003

What is the best way to program a "safety off" for lights that people tend to leave on?  For example, if a hall light has been on 30 minutes, turn it off.

Should I use "if status xxx is responding, then wait 30 minutes and turn it off" ,  or a "if status xxx is not off, then wait 30 minutes and turn it off" 

thanks.

What is the best way to program a "safety off" for lights that people tend to leave on? For example, if a hall light has been on 30 minutes, turn it off.

Should I use "if status xxx is responding, then wait 30 minutes and turn it off" , or a "if status xxx is not off, then wait 30 minutes and turn it off"

thanks.

Use "control/switched".

If they are not responding then you have comm problems.

It sees the light on command from the switchlinc and can be retriggered. Status only has one signal when it first occurs and won't retrigger.

If

. . Switchlinc is switched ON

Then

. . Wait 4 hours

. . Set SwitchLinc Off

Else

----

I use a clean-up program at 4:00 AM every day that sends on Off to every device in the house with Wait 2-3 seconds between each for better success.

Thanks.  It works fine.  I don't know why I was having a mental block.

I have a similar clean up program that is useful for all my yard lights.  They sometimes need repeating due to the distance from the ISY to the outdoor plug in modules.

Yeah, I have installed a few Plug-ins for the repeater effects to strengthen my Insteon network,

Eventually electrical uses can be found for these key units, like freeze heater backup for the utility room etc.

Archived