PLM power supply failure question

paulw

For those of you who have experienced a power supply failure.  Has anyone found that the LED remains on but still has a blown power supply?  Had a series of power interruptions yesterday which left me with a non usable PLM.  Have the parts to rebuild, but did not want to waste my time if it is not the PS. Just seemed strange that the LED would remain on.

Paul

Factory reset gave me a green light and a buzz while button was pressed, and brought no joy!  I suspect it is more than the PS even though it is about the time it could be going bad.

Paul

Hate to say it, but that doesn't sound good.

I passed the 2 year mark from installation on mine 2 months ago. It was a "refurb" so its probably even a few month more older than that. I have a spare PLM in a box ready to go.... 

Paul

I too had a PLM with the LED on and not be working.

It was not full brightness. That I mainly noticed after changing the capacitors and seeing it brighter.

That sounds about right for my first one.  My second one died and the led was off.  Both fixed with cap replacement.  I probably have a year of use now on the one replacement, the other I did a 24 hour burn-in and put away as a backup.

Archived