ELK / ISY Programming Help

ldrinc

Looking for help in writing a program in the ISY that will illuminate the F4 key on my Elk keypad based on the state of a phantom output (67).  

So far I have written rules in the Elk system that would allow the F4 button on the keypad to turn on/off all the lights in my home via a single key press of the F4 button such that when the lights are on the F4 button is illuminated and when the lights are off the F4 button is not illuminated.

Following are the program rules that I have written in the Elk so far:

1. Whenever F4 on any keypad activates then Toggle Output 67
  2. Whenever Output 67 state is turned on then turn all lights scene on
  3. Whenever Output 67 state is turned off then turn all lights scene off

The problem that I am trying to overcome is that when the all lights scene is activated via my ISY Keypad.  I'd like the F4 button on the Elk keypad to reflect the correct status of the light scene.

Following is what I have written so far in the ISY to accomplish this.  Any help with completing this would be appreciated.

ELK - F4 Button - [iD 009E][Parent 0069]

If
        Control 'Keypads / TV Room / All Lights - On ( B)' is switched On
     Or Control 'Keypads / Master Bedroom Light / 8 Button KPL - B (All Lights)' is switched On
    And Elk Output 'Output 067' is Off

Then
        Set Elk Keypad 'Keypad 01' Press F4

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Since you already did all of the programing in the Elk software, why not finish the programing there? The Elk software is set up to light up the "F" keys. I do this for several keys in my home.

Dennis

Dennis is right do this programming in the Elk. Then the ISY in another way say via the Output.

Archived