Teken

Will you consider Google Home?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Will you purchase Google Home

• Yes - It might offer more integration and tighter features
    • No - I already own a Amazon Echo
    • Yes - I own a Echo, Dot, Tap, but want to compare the two
    • No - I don't trust Google to respect my privacy & security

Well October is just around the corner so time will tell if Google has used all those years of services, expertise, technology, and hoarding of user data to the benefit of this new product line up. As some have mentioned in the past and I must concede Google has tried their hand in many areas.

The mere fact they at least tried in various areas gives them a certain amount of credit. Even if those attempts were complete and utter failures which if properly managed could have ended up being epic products. It will be interesting to see how agile and open the so called champion of the people will be in the next 24 months.

My *Teken* crystal ball says we have a 50 / 50 chance of them coming to market in a quick flash. Then, leave and shutter the very same 2-3 years later. I would love to be proven wrong on this and will follow up in the next 2-3 years to this thread and see if my crystal ball foreshadowing was on the mark.

As I noted in this and other *Coffee News* in the big picture the competition will be good for the market. It will force those already involved to be on their toes and move forward with more features and better integration. I would have never thought a company like Amazon would have done so well in the voice arena to be honest.

Considering they too had major flops like their phone . . .

History has proven you don't need to be first - you just need to offer more value and better features which are executed correctly for the end user. More companies have failed because they lack the ability to adapt and improve their products as the market desires.

We all know UDI has struggled to add in as many feature requests vs ROI. For companies as large as Google / Amazon monies not the issue here. Its having a solid long term game plan and executing the details to the Nth degree. Most people know I hate on Apple when ever I get the chance but have to concede this one single company excels in their execution more times than not.

The mere fact they are able to convince billions of sheep to buy their wares is a testament to marketing prowess and offering (overall) a solid product and tight eco system.

Let the *Voice* games begin . . . 

Well actually Amazon had the biggest server farms second to only Microsoft... And you can rest assured Amazon has NOTHING to do worth Google :)

Cheers,

Alex

In terms of their cloud offering, they have a 10x bigger cloud than the next 14 competitors combined, including Microsoft and Google...

AWS had $2.6 Billion in revenue for Q1 of 2016 alone... It's a behemoth of a technology company. Amazon has over 220,000 employees, or about 4 times the size of Google.

Also an interesting read on the history of the Amazon Echo.

Thanks guys!

I didn't know that about amazon.com

To me amazon.com is just a book sales company that began selling other items a few year back.

IIRC amazon.ca only sold, basically, books five years ago.

I think I am the only person I know personally that every bought anything off amazon.xx .

In my travels, I have seen many physical  google factories but never an amazon anything.

Archived