Rescan scenes?

Is there anyway to have the ISY rescan all devices and recreate scenes without doing a hard-reset and starting over?

I have some programs and 50+ devices I'd like to keep in the database, but have the ISY rescan links and relink itself.

HOWEVER, I do not want to "Restore Devices" as this messes up my existing links.

Thanks!

Hello oktane,

I am not sure I understand the context. Have you already had ISY import devices/links? What does "relink itself" mean?

With kind regards,

Michel

Is there anyway to have the ISY rescan all devices and recreate scenes without doing a hard-reset and starting over?

I have some programs and 50+ devices I'd like to keep in the database, but have the ISY rescan links and relink itself.

HOWEVER, I do not want to "Restore Devices" as this messes up my existing links.

Thanks!

Hi Michael,

Essentially ISY has already built a database with all my devices. However, using PowerHome, I have purged all devices of links to the ISY. I also cleared teh ISY PLM, but obviously I can reload the links to the PLM through the ISY admin console.

However, reloading the PLM will not reinstate the Responder links within the SwitchLincs, KL, etc.

Furthermore, I want the ISY to "rescan" all devices to make another list of scenes. The current list is no longer accurate.

Thanks

Hi okane,

Again, since we have never gone through this exercise with another device changing links, the outcome of what I am going to suggest might not be what you envision.

Here's what you should do:

1. factory reset your ISY

2. factory reset your PLM

3. choose a device that has the most number of links to other devices, add it to ISY (either Start Linking or New INSTEON Device), and then choose the 3rd option (add devices found in links and import existing links)

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michael,

Essentially ISY has already built a database with all my devices. However, using PowerHome, I have purged all devices of links to the ISY. I also cleared teh ISY PLM, but obviously I can reload the links to the PLM through the ISY admin console.

However, reloading the PLM will not reinstate the Responder links within the SwitchLincs, KL, etc.

Furthermore, I want the ISY to "rescan" all devices to make another list of scenes. The current list is no longer accurate.

Thanks

I figured that would be the best way. This is a dumb question, but how do I factory reset the PLM? I tried "Remove PLM" from the ISY, but I got an error that it failed. Smarthome only has a quickstart guide and no full manual available anymore.

Also tried the "unplug PLM, hold down set x 5 seconds while plugging it back in." Didn't seem to change anything. Also tried holding it down for 10 seconds.

Thanks

Hello oktane,

To reset the PLM, you should

1. Unplug and leave unplugged for at least 10 seconds (mandatory)

2. Press and hold the set button while unplugged, plug it back in (while holding the set button) and keep it held in for at least 10 seconds.

With kind regards,

Michel

I figured that would be the best way. This is a dumb question, but how do I factory reset the PLM? I tried "Remove PLM" from the ISY, but I got an error that it failed. Smarthome only has a quickstart guide and no full manual available anymore.

Also tried the "unplug PLM, hold down set x 5 seconds while plugging it back in." Didn't seem to change anything. Also tried holding it down for 10 seconds.

Thanks

Sorry...but I have to jump in here...

In my opinion, you are asking for trouble with this method. I am nearly certain (98.743%) that you will have trouble with this and not get all of the links that you need to get. You will end up going back and trying to relink missing links, figuring out what is missing, etc.

I know it is a lot of work...but really, I think it will be worth it in the end....just go ahead and recreate the stuff. My gut tells me that you will be chasing ghosts and problems for a week and then finally doing a reset anyway.

Just my 2 cents...

Eric

Thanks

Archived