K1PAS keypad and display name of Function Key

G W

Elk, in their infinite wisdom has blocked the user from editing the Name field because it isn’t displayed on the keypad. Yet third party products like the ISY and Agave use this field to display the name of the Function Key.

I don’t know what can be done but it is an issue. Maybe the Activates Event field can be used.

Gary,

I am not sure I am understanding your posts correctly about naming the function keys 1 - 6 for the Elk keypads. Are saying you can not rename them?

Dennis

Sorry, I didn't notice you were only talking about the K1PAS keypad. I don't have one of these. DC

Here is how you set the Name field. This answer is provided by Brad Weeks on the Elkproducts support fourm.

It is not possible to Edit the Names for the M1KPAS Arming Stations -- however you can try the following:

• Create a phantom keypad
  • Check Mark "Use Custom values"
  • Assign the Names to the "F" Keys of the phantom keypad
  • Right-click on your existing M1KPAS and Remove this keypad
  • Highlight Keypad, Right-Click and Create a New Keypad
  • Check Mark"Copy from another Keypad" 
  • Use the Dropdown to select the Phantom Keypad created.
  • Click OK
  • Right-click on the Phantom Keypad and Remove
  • Send Keypads to the M1 and Test

Interesting. I have custom names (they are showing in Agave as well) and I didn't hack it like above. It's been quite a while though. I'll take a look in my ElkRP later tonight to see if I have the ability to edit for some reason, because I certainly did sometime in the past.

I've just thought what I did. All of my F keys activate Elk rules, and the Elk rules do my bidding. When you select a rule you can edit this field.

Might be easier for some than the hack...

Michael.

Archived