Insteon Device Status Incorrect

cam

Background/Environment

I own the ISY994i/zw Pro model controller running 4.5.1 (both firmware and UI).  The system has been flawless for about 8 months but lately my Insteon device statuses throughout my house conflict with the ISY.  I have about 100 Insteon switchlinc devcies (either model 2477S switchlinc running v.45 or 2477D switchlinc running v.44).  I also have the Elk module and approx. 75 motion sensors throughout my house that trigger lights off/on (in addition to various programs based on time of day).

Issue

At random times of the day/night, I'll check the ISY Admin Console and the device status shows the lights are off yet they are turned on (I don't believe the opposite is true but not 100% sure).  If I hit the query button on the ISY admin console (where it queries all devices) the ISY will then accurately show the correct Insteon status of each device.  This issue happens to random devices throughout my house.

Question

Why does the ISY not reliably show the Insteon device status unless I hit the query button on the Main tab?  Neither the log nor error log show anything unusual but honestly I've never studied them in depth either.

That's usually the sigh of  a communication problem, but it's unusual that more than a few devices are affected. It'd be best if you could keep a log of the problematic devices for a few days or so.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue?  It's driving me (and my family) nuts!

I cleared and rechecked my error log and I'm seeing some of these:

• Sun 2016/11/13 10:31:23 PM System -170001 [uDSockets] RSub:31 error:6

Cam,

What's the date code and version number of your PLM?

If you run a diagnostics / compare on one of the devices that's problematic does it show any mismatched link tables?

It's possible that the PLM is failing or that you have some interference on your powerline.  Have you recently added any new electronics, etc?

What's the date code and version number of your PLM?

If you run a diagnostics / compare on one of the devices that's problematic does it show any mismatched link tables?

It's possible that the PLM is failing or that you have some interference on your powerline.  Have you recently added any new electronics, etc?

Specs on the PLM:  

• 2413S PowerLinc Serial (Dual-Band)
  • Sticker says:  2413S V2.1 1505 but if I run the System -> PLM query tool is shows:  34.E8.BC v9E / Connected
  • Another Sticker says: 34.E8.BC

I ran a diag and compare on multiple Insteon switches that have been showing the incorrect status and the ISY admin console reports "identical".  

I have added some electronics throughout the house (mostly in a server rack) and that server rack outlet is a dedicated 30 AMP directly back to the electrical panel.  My PLM is on a different electrical circuit from my server rack (where 95% of my electronics equipment resides).  I purchase the ISY and PLM late last fall (2015) and just started using it in Feb of 2016.

Specs on the PLM:  

• 2413S PowerLinc Serial (Dual-Band)
  • Sticker says:  2413S V2.1 1505
  • Another Sticker says: 34.E8.BC

I ran a diag and compare on multiple Insteon switches that have been showing the incorrect status and the ISY admin console reports "identical".  

I have added some electronics throughout the house (mostly in a server rack) and that server rack outlet is a dedicated 30 AMP directly back to the electrical panel.  My PLM is on a different electrical circuit from my server rack (where 95% of my electronics equipment resides).  I purchase the ISY and PLM late last fall (2015) and just started using it in Feb of 2016.

The PLM date code shows it was manufactured in February 2015 so it should be OK. Some of the earlier PLMs had issues with their power supplies.

I would focus on electronics that may be interfering with the Insteon signals. Do you have a UPS, TV, etc on the same circuit as the PLM?

Here's a troubleshooting flow chart  https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:Troubleshooting_Flowchart

Archived