Max Voltage in Mexico

Juan

Okay, down here in Mexico setting up a new house with about 40 Insteon devices. Problem is that Mexican nominal voltage is 127 VAC. I've attached a voltage recorder and it ranges from the 117's to the 129 VAC.

Looking at the back of the switches, they say 120 VAC. Most electronic devices have a +/-10% safety margin, which I should be fine but I want to make sure before I start blowing $50-70 switches all day!

Does anyone have any expierence in Mexico and/or knowledge on what they can handle?

Okay, down here in Mexico setting up a new house with about 40 Insteon devices. Problem is that Mexican nominal voltage is 127 VAC. I've attached a voltage recorder and it ranges from the 117's to the 129 VAC.

Looking at the back of the switches, they say 120 VAC. Most electronic devices have a +/-10% safety margin, which I should be fine but I want to make sure before I start blowing $50-70 switches all day!

Does anyone have any expierence in Mexico and/or knowledge on what they can handle?

You will need to contact SmartHome and ask them.

Yes, it 60 Hz. Today it was ranging around 140 VAC. I have a feeling the electrician that did this house did not balances the phases correctly or used the high leg from the base transformer down the hill.

I found out from the Smarthome formums that they can handle a range of 108-132VAC safely.

Archived