Release 2.6.14 beta is now available

Michel Kohanim

anyone else having notification problems? Mine had been working great until i moved to .14. I only have 1 program using notifications. It emails me when my garage has been left open. I noticed yesterday I didnt get an email when i forgot to close the garage.. So today i went in and tried to just do a test notification and the first time i got request failed. I then tried the test again and i did not get an error. but i also did not get an email....

Hi reakhavok,

Would you be kind enough to let me know whether or not you are using gmail? Also, just to make sure it's not network related, would you be kind enough to try Synchronize with NTP button and see if it fails?

With kind regards,

Michel

anyone else having notification problems? Mine had been working great until i moved to .14. I only have 1 program using notifications. It emails me when my garage has been left open. I noticed yesterday I didnt get an email when i forgot to close the garage.. So today i went in and tried to just do a test notification and the first time i got request failed. I then tried the test again and i did not get an error. but i also did not get an email....

Michel,

wow thanks for the quick responce.. No I do not use gmail. I use the hosting company 1and1.com and have email hosted with them. The SMTP server i use is smtp.1and1.com.

I pressed the syncronize now button and did not recieve any errors....

thanks

Hi reakhavok,

Thanks so very much for the update. We added a little more debugging information in the log. Would you be kind enough to retry a notification, check the log, and see if there are any errors?

Thanks and with kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

wow thanks for the quick responce.. No I do not use gmail. I use the hosting company 1and1.com and have email hosted with them. The SMTP server i use is smtp.1and1.com.

I pressed the syncronize now button and did not recieve any errors....

thanks

Hi reakhavok,

-14 means that your login was not accepted (authentication failure). I think there might be a bug we've introduced. Would you be kind enough to contact me via email? I am going to try and have a build for you test (tech@universal-devices.com).

With kind regards,

Michel

this is what I get each time I press test:

0 -14 Thu 01/29/2009 08:51:02 PM System -50001

Hello Gary,

Please do be kind to:

1. Go to Link Management->Advanced Options->Automatic (please do not change this)

2. Since ISY uses the firmware version to figure out what to do with the brightness, you will have to link it using Link Management->Start Linking simply because (apparently in your case), your KPL is not reporting its firmware version

Unfortunately, we are not going to do anything with EZxx till we have a fully functional and official 2.7 release out. The amount of complexity which EZxx integration adds to test/regression testing is currently too high to even consider.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi

I loaded version 2.6.14 and all went fine. I noticed that I2 to the EZIO4O still will not work and therefore no access to the timmers. The ISY detected the I2 engine but communications failed using I2 and reverted back to I1. Also the LED Dimmer for the 2486D Keypadlink is still not functioning. In fact if I remove and relink it the LED Brightness option disappears compleatly. The ISY now shows v.00 rather than v.2D as it did before relinking.

Was just wondering if these are still outstanding issues or if I need to do something different.

Thanks all

Gary

Hi Michel,

I'm having the same issues here with LED brightness, I have a 2486D V.2D and when I did the relink, now the LED brightness does not show up... When it did and I selected it, I got a "Request Failed" right away. I've got 3 of the Keypadlinc's that all do the same thing.

Brian

asked he same thing today about LED Brightness...http://forum.universal-devices.com/view ... 3&start=15

Next release it should be fixed.

Steve

Hello Gary,

Please do be kind to:

1. Go to Link Management->Advanced Options->Automatic (please do not change this)

2. Since ISY uses the firmware version to figure out what to do with the brightness, you will have to link it using Link Management->Start Linking simply because (apparently in your case), your KPL is not reporting its firmware version

Unfortunately, we are not going to do anything with EZxx till we have a fully functional and official 2.7 release out. The amount of complexity which EZxx integration adds to test/regression testing is currently too high to even consider.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi

I loaded version 2.6.14 and all went fine. I noticed that I2 to the EZIO4O still will not work and therefore no access to the timmers. The ISY detected the I2 engine but communications failed using I2 and reverted back to I1. Also the LED Dimmer for the 2486D Keypadlink is still not functioning. In fact if I remove and relink it the LED Brightness option disappears compleatly. The ISY now shows v.00 rather than v.2D as it did before relinking.

Was just wondering if these are still outstanding issues or if I need to do something different.

Thanks all

Gary

Hi Michel,

I'm having the same issues here with LED brightness, I have a 2486D V.2D and when I did the relink, now the LED brightness does not show up... When it did and I selected it, I got a "Request Failed" right away. I've got 3 of the Keypadlinc's that all do the same thing.

Brian

Does this answer your question?

Yes, Michel - and thank you for taking the time to explain. The bottom line seems to be - .14 may, or may not, fix group com issues with new devices.

I have a good test switch that has been a prime example of the group com problems. I'll see what happens and let you know. It will take up to a week for me to be sure - due to the intermittent nature of the problem.

Jim H.

Hello Jim,

Thanks so very much and you got it right. Please do be sure to keep us posted.

Mike and Jim (Mass),

Thanks so very much for the confirmation. Mine also works ... I'll try to figure out what's causing reakhavoc's issues.

With kind regards,

Michel

Does this answer your question?

Yes, Michel - and thank you for taking the time to explain. The bottom line seems to be - .14 may, or may not, fix group com issues with new devices.

I have a good test switch that has been a prime example of the group com problems. I'll see what happens and let you know. It will take up to a week for me to be sure - due to the intermittent nature of the problem.

Jim H.

Hi Michel,

I noticed that the RemoteLink light started flashing a lot more than usual so I checked the table with the ISY table and found the following. Note the record mismatch.

i1mismatch.jpg

Regards,

Wayne

ps. I will check all my other devices again to see whether they are also starting to get these problems.

Hi Michel,

I noticed that the RemoteLink light started flashing a lot more than usual so I checked the table with the ISY table and found the following. Note the record mismatch.

Regards,

Wayne

ps. I will check all my other devices again to see whether they are also starting to get these problems.

Wayne, that is a small glitch in the display program, it's displaying one too many records. Any record that begins with 00 is the end of file. 22 = deleted, E2 = controller, A2 = responder.

To be fixed in the next drop.

Rand

Hi Rand,

I'm not refering to the extra record at the end, the problemmatic record is the mismatched record 2 from the end record in he table on the right (Device table)

Regards,

Wayne

Wayne, that is a small glitch in the display program, it's displaying one too many records. Any record that begins with 00 is the end of file. 22 = deleted, E2 = controller, A2 = responder.

To be fixed in the next drop.

Rand

Hi Rand,

I'm not refering to the extra record at the end, the problemmatic record is the mismatched record 2 from the end record in he table on the right (Device table)

Regards,

Wayne

Oh, I see. That is odd. Did restoring the RL correct the extra flashing?

Thank you,

Rand

I performed a factory reset on the device and then restored, and that worked of course. How can this happen now we are back to the more robust i1 programming. Should these records get validated as they are written to the devices?

Thanks,

Wayne

Hi Rand,

Regards,

Wayne

Oh, I see. That is odd. Did restoring the RL correct the extra flashing?

Thank you,

Rand

I performed a factory reset on the device and then restored, and that worked of course. How can this happen now we are back to the more robust i1 programming. Should these records get validated as they are written to the devices?

Thanks,

Wayne

I'm seeing mismatched records and I never ran 2.6.13. The last version before 2.6.14 was 2.6.11.

I'm seeing mismatched records and I never ran 2.6.13. The last version before 2.6.14 was 2.6.11.

For clarity I'll add that after upgrading to 2.6.14 I removed every device from ISY and factory reset all of them. After adding them all back to ISY the tables matched perfectly, now after a few days of use the Remotelink has mismatched records.

I upgraded to this new release, hoping that this would fix the problem of adding my new V.35 devices to a scene. No luck. I still get the same problem as before - when I add the device to a scene it programs away for a little while, then a request times out.

Hi Wayne,

Are you saying that "without doing any type of programming" RemoteLinc has now developed its own links? If so, then this is surely a firmware bug in the RL. If not, then would you be kind enough to let me know the steps you took before this happened and the symptoms?

siegeld,

Did you get a chance to talk to Steve L? I think your devices are defective OR you would need AccessPoints to make sure the signals get to your switches. Please do keep me posted as it's very important for me to get to the bottom of this.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Wayne,

Are you saying that "without doing any type of programming" RemoteLinc has now developed its own links? If so, then this is surely a firmware bug in the RL. If not, then would you be kind enough to let me know the steps you took before this happened and the symptoms?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

I did do some programming after resetting everything. After some time I checked the tables and found the mis-matched record.

Steps:

1. Remove ALL devices from ISY

2. Factory reset ALL devices

3. Re-added devices to ISY

4. Verified that both ISY and device tables matched.

5. Performed programming.

Programming - Created 2 scenes as follows:

Scene1:

1. Added a combination of 8 different devices to a scene by seperately drag and drop onto scene (as responders)

Including:

5 x Swtichlink V4(3.5)

2 x Lamplink V 4.3

1 x Outletlink

2. Added Remotelink (Rev.1) Button C as a controller

Scene 2:

Added 1 lamplink (same lamplink that is in scene1)

Added Remotelink Button A

I noticed that the remotelink LED began to flash on and off 4 or 5 times after pressing buttons, I dont know if this is normal behavour or not but generally it flashes once when the button is pressed.

If you need any further info let mw know.

Regards,

Wayne

ps.

I just noticed that when devices are removed from a scene the corresponding records are not being removed from the ISY and remotelink device tables.

I removed 2 of the 8 devices from the scene:

1. Programming mode (DIM + Bright until light flashes)

moved remotelink right next to access point.

2. Removed one of the devices

3. Removed second device

4. Checked tables for consistency using Campare feature.

5. Closed ISY and reopen with same results.

If the RemoteLinc's LED starts flashing after pushing a linked button. One or more of the devices is not responding back that the command was received. Could be the signal didn't get back to an Access Point to relay the message back to the RemoteLinc.

Archived