Release 2.6.14 beta is now available

Michel Kohanim

If the RemoteLinc's LED starts flashing after pushing a linked button. One or more of the devices is not responding back that the command was received. Could be the signal didn't get back to an Access Point to relay the message back to the RemoteLinc.

The led also flashs if it is sending a signal to a device which is no longer in the network (or possibly a bad link in the device links table...)

Hi Michel,

I just noticed that when devices are removed from a scene the corresponding records are not being removed from the ISY and remotelink device tables.

I removed 2 of the 8 devices from the scene:

1. Programming mode (DIM + Bright until light flashes)

moved remotelink right next to access point.

2. Removed one of the devices

3. Removed second device

4. Checked tables for consistency using Campare feature.

5. Closed ISY and reopen with same results.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Thanks so very much for the steps to reproduce the problems. I am going to take a look.

When you remove devices from scenes, the records are deleted LOGICALLY which means that they start with 22. Otherwise, we would have to do a restore after each remove which would take hours. If this is the only issue you are noticing, then it's 100% normal and as designed. I will check into what you listed shortly.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Wayne,

When you remove devices from scenes, the records are deleted LOGICALLY which means that they start with 22. Otherwise, we would have to do a restore after each remove which would take hours. If this is the only issue you are noticing, then it's 100% normal and as designed. I will check into what you listed shortly.

Michel

Very good, so that one is solved because there is a 22 record for both of the deleted devices.

After upgrading to .14, I have a solid RX light on and can not get into the ISY.

Any ideas what might be wrong, I have a service ticket into ISY.

Thanks

If you haven't yet would you try a power cycle?

I haven't seen any new tickets come in today. If the power cycle doesn't work I suggest you resubmit.

Thank you,

Rand

Michel

I need to add that even though my notifications are coming through fine, I just noticed that my log is capturing a -50001 error with the control of -5 noted. Is this mail server related? New one on me!!! :?

Hello Jim,

Thanks so very much and you got it right. Please do be sure to keep us posted.

Mike and Jim (Mass),

Thanks so very much for the confirmation. Mine also works ... I'll try to figure out what's causing reakhavoc's issues.

With kind regards,

Michel

Does this answer your question?

Yes, Michel - and thank you for taking the time to explain. The bottom line seems to be - .14 may, or may not, fix group com issues with new devices.

I have a good test switch that has been a prime example of the group com problems. I'll see what happens and let you know. It will take up to a week for me to be sure - due to the intermittent nature of the problem.

Jim H.

Hi Jim,

Yes, it means that ISY could not connect to your mail server (timed out).

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel

I need to add that even though my notifications are coming through fine, I just noticed that my log is capturing a -50001 error with the control of -5 noted. Is this mail server related? New one on me!!! :?

Hello Jim,

Mike and Jim (Mass),

Thanks so very much for the confirmation. Mine also works ... I'll try to figure out what's causing reakhavoc's issues.

With kind regards,

Michel

Yes, Michel - and thank you for taking the time to explain. The bottom line seems to be - .14 may, or may not, fix group com issues with new devices.

I have a good test switch that has been a prime example of the group com problems. I'll see what happens and let you know. It will take up to a week for me to be sure - due to the intermittent nature of the problem.

Jim H.

Well the mail is still going through so maybe it's like my local post office - only open when I don't need them!!!! :D

Hi Jim,

Yes, it means that ISY could not connect to your mail server (timed out).

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel

Hello Jim,

Mike and Jim (Mass),

With kind regards,

Michel

Jim H.

Hello Michael,

Sincere apologies since we had a problem (user error) with our CRM application today and thus we did not receive your ticket.

If you have Solid RX, then it means that ISY cannot communicate with your PLM. If none of the LEDs are lit, then please do be kind enough to send an email to tech@universal-devices.com and request for a replacement unit.

Again, I do apologize for not getting back to you sooner.

With kind regards,

Michel

I powered cycled it, and it is working, but none of the lights on the front are working.

Michael

I got some Insteon Motion sensors and am having the strangest problems.

1) After linking the first motion sensor with the ISY, I made a little test program that would be activated by the sensor. I set the Insteon -> Control(not status) so that I'd get an on trigger whenever there was motion. I disabled the jumper to do the countdown. The program was never triggered. The status of the sensor always showed on. Whenever there was motion and the red led would blink, the access point that it was next to would not also blink. However, if I pressed the set button on the back, it would blink and the status would toggle from on to off and visa versa. So it appears that the Insteon Motion sensors have a bug where they only ever send the on the first time if the disable countdown jumper is set and it never sends an on again.

2) The dusk/dawn status is blank. It doesn't show on or off ever.

3) The low battery warning status is blank. It also doesn't show on or off.

Perhaps 2 & 3 or control only? Except that a program that triggers on the control, and not status of the dusk/dawn sensor is not triggered by me putting my hand in front of the sensor to block out the light..

4) Next I disabled the test program and linked the motion sensor into a scene that only has one light in it. The motion sensor is the controller. The linking fails every time no matter how many times I try it. The sensor is right next to the AP and the AP is plugged into the same socket as the ISY. However, even though the linking failed, pressing the set button on the sensor toggles the light on and off. How strange, the ISY does not show any links in this particular light to be managed by the sensor.

Next I did a remove on the motion sensor. Got it removed and the sensor no longer shows up in the list. However pressing the set button still toggles the light on and off.

Next I did a restore of the one light that was being controlled. After it succeeded, pressing the set button on the motion sensor *still* toggles the light! The only way that I was able to get rid of the link is by factory resetting the switchlink and then doing a restore.

So it appears that Restore Device doesn't remove links that the ISY doesn't already know about. In this case, the linik was added by the ISY but since comm failed to the motion sensor for some reason, the the link that was successfully added to the switchlink does not show up on the ISYs list.

Next problem. If I add a motion sensor and leave the type to "auto discover", it never works. No error popup. The "initializing system" popup just disappears after a while without an error or the motion sensor showing up. The only thing that works is specifying that it's a motion sensor first.

1) After linking the first motion sensor with the ISY, I made a little test program that would be activated by the sensor. I set the Insteon -> Control(not status) so that I'd get an on trigger whenever there was motion. I disabled the jumper to do the countdown. The program was never triggered. The status of the sensor always showed on. Whenever there was motion and the red led would blink, the access point that it was next to would not also blink. However, if I pressed the set button on the back, it would blink and the status would toggle from on to off and visa versa. So it appears that the Insteon Motion sensors have a bug where they only ever send the on the first time if the disable countdown jumper is set and it never sends an on again.

I believe you will find that the Motion Sensor will send additional ON commands after the timeout period (1 minute I believe). It will not send the command at every motion. The only difference in this mode is that an OFF command will never be sent (so the ISY will always show a state of ON).

status of the dusk/dawn sensor is not triggered by me putting my hand in front of the sensor to block out the light..

I believe you would have to block light to the Motion Sensor for 3-6 minutes before it will trigger the 'dusk' command.

So it appears that Restore Device doesn't remove links that the ISY doesn't already know about. In this case, the linik was added by the ISY but since comm failed to the motion sensor for some reason, the the link that was successfully added to the switchlink does not show up on the ISYs list.

I'll let someone else answer this.

Hello sorka,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Yes, during full restore, the battery operated devices (RL and Sensor) are restored first

2. Auto discover does not work since the motion sensor does not respond to ID Req (for some reason)

3. You can remove a device regardless of its state. ISY will try 3 times to communicate and then it will remove it from ISY

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived