Email notification

no clue

I had a recent heat pump thermostat issue that caused the emergency heating to come on and heated my room >125 degrees F. I want to set up an alert that will notify me if the heat exceeds 90 degrees.

I am unable to get this to work using the email notification on my ISY 994. I checked the smtp settings (I have Cox email) and have tried the recommended port settings for TLS checked and also for the unchecked option. I have tried my username only as well as the full email address. With TLS checked, I get a mail server failure (EHLO timed out). With it unchecked, I don't get an error message but don't receive any notification when I test it.

Any ideas?

I am unable to get this to work using the email notification on my ISY 994. I checked the smtp settings (I have Cox email) and have tried the recommended port settings for TLS checked and also for the unchecked option. I have tried my username only as well as the full email address. With TLS checked, I get a mail server failure (EHLO timed out). With it unchecked, I don't get an error message but don't receive any notification when I test it.

It can be difficult to work through setting issues without being able to run a packet sniffer to look at the actual transaction (and with TLS, it can be difficult even with a packet sniffer).

I haven't used Cox's internal email servers, but I have set up a few ISY's to use Gmail. I created a separate gmail account just for notifications.   With GMail you'll find a lot more people on the forums have set it up and know how to work through the connection/authentication issues.

It can be difficult to work through setting issues without being able to run a packet sniffer to look at the actual transaction (and with TLS, it can be difficult even with a packet sniffer).

I haven't used Cox's internal email servers, but I have set up a few ISY's to use Gmail. I created a separate gmail account just for notifications.   With GMail you'll find a lot more people on the forums have set it up and know how to work through the connection/authentication issues.

I tried gmail and that worked first time. Thanks!

Archived