Garage Door... I know old topic

Jeff_bull

But I do not see a resolution... or I missed it. I have a IO linc and it is not setup with reverse trigger. Works great until a power blink or failure. Then the door will not stay down. I have tried shortcuts to fix it but no luck. Have to remove the device, reset the IO linc, add it back to all the scenes. Has anyone found a more reliable way to manage this? No programs, just 2 scenes, one for the relay and one for the Sensor which is linked to keypads. Sorry to beat the dead horse just hoping for a different answer. Thanks in advance

Then the door will not stay down

The door automatically opens if you close it, always?!  Or just opens after power restored?

I wonder if, upon power restoration, there is some form of a query and one of the device status changes, causing some chain-reaction from the scene.  I cannot imagine what would cause your doors to open after you trigger them closed.

Are your keypad buttons in non-toggle mode?

Try selecting Program Lock and simulate a power failure. Any improvement?

I do not know what Program lock is. I will look that up. But the settings do not change in ISY. It just quits working properly.

The door automatically opens if you close it, always?!  Or just opens after power restored?

I wonder if, upon power restoration, there is some form of a query and one of the device status changes, causing some chain-reaction from the scene.  I cannot imagine what would cause your doors to open after you trigger them closed.

Are your keypad buttons in non-toggle mode?

Yes, after a power failure the door goes down then right back up.. every time all the time until I go through the reset routine. If I am not home I have to have the wife unplug the IO linc in order to close the door. All keypad buttons are in non-toggle mode.

Hey guys thanks for the replies. much appreciated!

It works perfectly for a long as I do not have any power issues.  :-P

I do not know what Program lock is. I will look that up. But the settings do not change in ISY. It just quits working properly.

Program Lock is the top, left option for the I/O Linc.

Larrylix,

In the original post, it was stated: "no programs, just two scenes".

Assuming this is true, the only explanations that are coming to my mind are very unlikely.  Device failure?  Sensor wired to relay terminals accidentally?  Failure of garage door safety sensors?

Were this me, I would be breaking this down in pieces, performing experiments, looking for clues.  Does the IOLinc LED light come on with the door opened or closed?  Does this remain consistent after a power failure?  Does the ISY always show correct status for sensor?  If I temporarily disconnect the sensor then simulate a power failure, do I see the same result?  If I temporarily disconnect the relay then simulate a power failure do I see the same result?  Do any programs activate after a simulated power failure?  After power failure, do any programs activate when I close the door? 

Perhaps there could be something discovered to point in a certain direction.

Larrylix,

Assuming this is true, the only explanations that are coming to my mind are very unlikely. Device failure? Sensor wired to relay terminals accidentally? Failure of garage door safety sensors?

Were this me, I would be breaking this down in pieces, performing experiments, looking for clues. Does the IOLinc LED light come on with the door opened or closed? Does this remain consistent after a power failure? Does the ISY always show correct status for sensor? If I temporarily disconnect the sensor then simulate a power failure, do I see the same result? If I temporarily disconnect the relay then simulate a power failure do I see the same result? Do any programs activate after a simulated power failure? After power failure, do any programs activate when I close the door?

I have thought there was a previous thread regarding this that the IOLinc could not be included in scenes for one part or the other???

The only usage I can see is to extend the remote control of the garage door opener without any programs. Seems strange to me.

Perhaps a good next step would be to request a photo of th e terminal wiring?

Larrylix,

Assuming this is true, the only explanations that are coming to my mind are very unlikely.  Device failure?  Sensor wired to relay terminals accidentally?  Failure of garage door safety sensors?

Were this me, I would be breaking this down in pieces, performing experiments, looking for clues.  Does the IOLinc LED light come on with the door opened or closed?  Does this remain consistent after a power failure?  Does the ISY always show correct status for sensor?  If I temporarily disconnect the sensor then simulate a power failure, do I see the same result?  If I temporarily disconnect the relay then simulate a power failure do I see the same result?  Do any programs activate after a simulated power failure?  After power failure, do any programs activate when I close the door? 

Good suggestion.. to simulate the power failure. I will experiment this weekend if I get a chance to see what happens and post results. Trying to resolve a different issue now.

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/20438-no-programs-running/?p=196618

Some basic questions if you will:

1. What is the brand and model of this GDO?

2. What sort of sensor is in place for this GDO kit?

3. Have you completed the annual safety checks for the GDO?

4. Remove the I/O Linc and simulate a power failure - what happens to the GDO?

Ok.. With a little poking and prodding from you guys I think I figured it out. It appears I did have a program left over from when I was using the reverse trigger setup. Before I changed the sensor. But it never posed a problem so I must have not noticed it. I believe what happens when a power failure occurred the keypad button would be off when the power was back on. Therefore the program was true and would trigger the relay to raise the door back up. Attached is the program

post-7875-0-13493800-1480716297_thumb.jpg

Ok.. With a little poking and prodding from you guys I think I figured it out. It appears I did have a program left over from when I was using the reverse trigger setup. Before I changed the sensor. But it never posed a problem so I must have not noticed it. I believe what happens when a power failure occurred the keypad button would be off when the power was back on. Therefore the program was true and would trigger the relay to raise the door back up. Attached is the program

Peter Parker's (Spidey) Uncle Ben: With great power comes - Great responsibility 

Glad you figured it out but you need to confirm this is so . . .

Better you than me. Those things are frustrating.

I never thought of it but a simple admin console search for the device would have found this fast.

Glad you resolved it!

Automate on, dude!

Better you than me. Those things are frustrating.

I never thought of it but a simple admin console search for the device would have found this fast.

Glad you resolved it!

Automate on, dude!

OK I have to know what is a simple admin console search. I do not see a search option in the menus.

OK I have to know what is a simple admin console search. I do not see a search option in the menus.

Right click on any program in the program tree in admin console, at the bottom you should see a find/replace menu.

Note you can search for programs, devices, and even raw text strings!

Also to be noted is that you can edit your program in the middle of a search and keep on going.

Archived