NO programs running

Jeff_bull

For some odd reason all my programs decided to quit running. I created a simple program to run when a switch is toggled and it will not run. If I execute the 'then' or 'else' the program executes. It will not trigger on it own from any device. Anyone experience anything like this before?

For some odd reason all my programs decided to quit running. I created a simple program to run when a switch is toggled and it will not run. If I execute the 'then' or 'else' the program executes. It will not trigger on it own from any device. Anyone experience anything like this before?

Can you post a  copy of one of your programs that isn't working

what ISY firmware and UI are you running. What version of the ISY do you have?

It will help if you post your ISY software version.

I'm Gary Funk. Pay no attention to this message.

I had reset everything multiple times. It is ALL programs, not just a select few. I even created a new timed program to turn a light (not a scene) 5 minutes in the future and that did not work. So it isn't just programs that receive input from an external device. Attached is a screenshot of all the version. I just did the upgrade within the last week, could that have caused this? It worked fine after the upgrade. The is killing my WAF (wife acceptance factor) :shock: Also last night at the 3am check the garage door went up. It woke me up so I know that was what it was. That has never happened before.

post-7875-0-42338100-1480594895_thumb.jpg

Also last night at the 3am check the garage door went up. It woke me up so I know that was what it was. That has never happened before.

That's a different issue. You need to turn off 'Trigger Reverse' on your iolinc. That's what causes this when the 3am query all runs.

Have you checked your event viewer for excessive program action?

The only time I have heard of programs not working is when some tight loop is executing and totally bogging down the ISY logic engine.

Usually a constant busy box would be displayed on the admin console screen but the event viewer may show heavy traffic.

Again Post a program that doesn't trigger so others can look at it.

That's a different issue. You need to turn off 'Trigger Reverse' on your iolinc. That's what causes this when the 3am query all runs.

It is not set for Tigger Reverse. As I said this has never happen before, last night was the first time.

Have you checked your event viewer for excessive program action?

The only time I have heard of programs not working is when some tight loop is executing and totally bogging down the ISY logic engine.

Usually a constant busy box would be displayed on the admin console screen but the event viewer may show heavy traffic.

Again Post a program that doesn't trigger so others can look at it.

I will check the logs but the console responses normally. Like I mentioned no programs run even a simple one like below.

post-7875-0-47831400-1480602948_thumb.jpg

With a general ISY problem like that I would contact UDI support or factory reset your ISY.

First attempt to take a good backup before doing this and hopefully you have one previous to the problem.

admin/admin will result for the user/apssword and you will need to reset your time zone, and time etc and possibly restore your programs. Your recent backup may be a problem too, but the process is very easy to do again with the previous backup.

You may want to contact UDI support first if you are not confident in doing this. Also this may help UDI be aware of some other problem they can dig into using your ISY as a report-bed.

So to close this case.... I did a restore modem (PLM) from the ISY. I then power cycled everything again. TADA everything worked. I am not sure why or even if this was the solution. All I know is it did not work and now it does. 8)  Is it possible for the PLM to affect the programs? To me it kinda makes sense since scenes can run without the PLM and they all worked fine. I really appreciate the help from this community. You have made my hobby fun and successful.

Archived