Device Status Frozen

bpalansky1

After working for a few days, the current state of my controlled lights seems to be frozen which is causing my programs not to work properly.  I can turn lights on and off from the bottom of the main page, but while the lights are responding, the Current State is not updating.  I have an ISY994i/IR PRO and Insteon dimmer switches and lamp modules.   Any ideas?  THANKS - Bruce

After working for a few days, the current state of my controlled lights seems to be frozen which is causing my programs not to work properly.  I can turn lights on and off from the bottom of the main page, but while the lights are responding, the Current State is not updating.  I have an ISY994i/IR PRO and Insteon dimmer switches and lamp modules.   Any ideas?  THANKS - Bruce

If you activate the two device manually (locally) is the correct status reflected in the admin console?

The console doesn't update when I control them manually or with my RemoteLinc.  They remain frozen at the same set values.

Right click on the device in the admin console device tree. select restore and try again.

It would seem you have lost some links in your PLM or devices.

How old is your PLM?

PLM and ISY are a few weeks old.  Restore didn't seem to do anything but ISY Reboot seems to have solved the problem.  Thanks again guys! ~ Bruce

Information Only: Many of us have seen where the Admin Console stops reporting and updating the current state while logged in. This behavior can be exasperated by too many network connections, over lapping programs, and tight loop sequences.

With respect to network connections the best you can do assuming you have control over it is to increase the send interval that connects to the controller. Programs should have offsets where complex programs don't attempt to fire off actions in the same time frame.

Tight loop sequences (my interpretation) is to limit repeat functions like flash & beep of specific hardware. All of these actions tie up the FIFO processing order of the ISY Series Controller. 

Archived