Insteon 3 Way switches, ISY and echo

erikeps

Hello,

I am hoping someone with more experience can point me in the right direction.  I have an ISY 994i ZW/pro, echo and many insteon devices.  I have several lights set up in a 3 way configuration.  I can use Alexa successfully to control single lights but when they are in 3 way i am running into an issue where i want to set a scene to a certain %.  it seems scenes cant be set to other than on and off.  it somewhat works if i call a single device in the 3 way.  it will set that device to any % setting i want but then the other switch is no longer in sync.

does anyone have tips on best way to control 3 ways so that i can say turn on to 65% or dim kitchen from ISY / Alexa

thanks!

@paul - Interesting, i wonder what i am doing wrong.  i do have the individual switches and the scenes.. ill do some testing with removing the individual switches,

@Gary - so if i am understanding correctly, would this mean i would need to create scenes for 60, 65, 70% etc etc for each 3 way?

Thanks for the super quick replies!

@paul - Interesting, i wonder what i am doing wrong.  i do have the individual switches and the scenes.. ill do some testing with removing the individual switches,

@Gary - so if i am understanding correctly, would this mean i would need to create scenes for 60, 65, 70% etc etc for each 3 way?

Thanks for the super quick replies!

You have to repeat it few times if full on and LED lights to see a change. It works better on already dimmed and/or incandescents, 

Paul

Give the scene a spoken that you won't use. Add each device in the scene with spokens that you won't use plus the scene to the Alexa app. Create a group with the scene and each device as members. Name the group with the spoken that you do want to use.

"Alexa. turn on the scene_name," will set the device to the levels you set in the scene. "Alexa, set the scene_name to x," where x is a percentage will set the devices to whatever percent you specified. You don't need to say the word "percent," but you can.

Archived