HAD, Synology NAS & Win 10

KSchex

To suit my home application needs I decided to either modify the HAD or write my own.  Unfortunately my skills lie within C and assembly, not web programming.  Before I attempted to host HAD I spent two days reading; this forum, about Ajax, Java, DOM, etc.  The third day I loaded a web server and PHP on my Synology NAS, copied over the customizable HAD files, modified and loaded the ISYPROXY files and we were off and running.  Only minor problem I had was Win 10 not wanting to run the Javascripts due to the  Internet Trusted Site settings.  I can only attribute this ease of installation to Benoit's postings and the Universal Devices forums and team.  Now I need to learn some Java.  Thanks all.

Hi

There is one other option, which is to develop the pages on Synology, and then move them back to the ISY.  The advantage is that the ISY portal, if you have it, can serve up customize had pages to the internet from the ISY without opening a router port. However it is certainly faster to 'develop' on an external server than copy back to the ISY for each change. HAD is JSON based.

You'll can keep them on the synology too to use them on your LAN without having to login each time.  

Paul

Archived