Resolved Suggestion: Label Global and Local sliders

Mark Sanctuary

Hi Mark,

I am still thinking about them mostly because:

a. I am still confused as to what ISY/Scene Local/Responder mean

b. We are expecting users to "remember" 5 different colors for concepts that are not even clear to us. In short, the person/document who's going to describe the colors can simply describe the situation instead

Personally, I think it makes much more sense to have a pop if and only If changing a slider within a scene changes the LOCAL on level/ramp rate for that device

Beyond this, I really don't think there should be any changes. Of course, we are always open to suggestions especially when backed by requests from a number of clients.

Thanks so very much,

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel, what do you think about the last few details I submitted?

I will go with adding a popup warning about "This slider is a LOCAL value only, which will not affect the level/rate when a device button is pressed."

I think the most important thing for the colors is carrying them into the scene window, because it is creating a visual cross reference between the tree window and scene window. This would be only one change on your part, which would be is coloring the Controller italic red in the scene window.

Controller

Controlsponder

Responder

Scene Name

ISY Controller tree example:

205431036-O.gif

ISY Controller scene example:

205431024-O.gif

Mark,

I like the idea of making the slider's label red for the controller. It shall be done for the next drop. Thanks so very much.

With kind regards,

Michel

I will go with adding a popup warning about "This slider is a LOCAL value only, which will not affect the level/rate when a device button is pressed."

I think the most important thing for the colors is carrying them into the scene window, because it is creating a visual cross reference between the tree window and scene window. This would be only one change on your part, which would be is coloring the Controller italic red in the scene window.

Controller

Controlsponder

Responder

Scene Name

ISY Controller tree example:

205431036-O.gif

ISY Controller scene example:

205431024-O.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Archived