Wireless Thermostat 2441 ZTH Not Updating In Admin Console

PhanTomiZ

Hi,

I have a wireless thermostat that I use in my son's basement bedroom to control a small 120 vac oil filled heater in the winter and a dehumidifier in the summer.  It is wired to a wall wart, so I get a pretty good response time on status.

For the summer months the TStat is off and I monitor the humidity level to control an On/Off module, via program only, which is connected to the dehumidifier.

In the winter months, the TStat is on HEAT and I use the HEAT CTRL in a scene with the same On/Off module for the oil filled heater.  I use a program to control the HEAT Setpoints for day/night settings.

Today, after almost two months of cold weather, I decided to have a look at why the display on the TStat doesn't reflect what the admin console is reporting.  Actually up until tonight the "current state" on the admin console was showing blank.  I downloaded once again the manual and decided to go through the settings.  I found that Sub-mode 05: Chose whether the Internal or External temperature sensor initiates commands (Internal default) was set to "E".  I've had this TStat in operation with a wall wart for almost 2 years without ever having any issues.  Not sure how it got changed from "I" to "E", but nonetheless, I switched it back to "I" and I now have a reported "current state" in the admin console.

As far as operation is concerned, it functions as it should when looking at the information on the display.   The same cannot be said about when looking at the admin console.  It seems the "current state" is not reflective of what the TStat is reporting. I believe the response time was better in the past, but presently it is very slow to respond.  (Actual temperature on the TStat Vs "current state" in admin console.

Anyone have any ideas on the slow response time?  My wired TStat which is connected to my FAG furnace is very responsive and I even have another wired TStat connected to a 24 Vac wall wart that is also very responsive.

PhanTomiZ

• 3 weeks later...

Archived