Reorder MobiLinc statuses for Multisensor

sumguy

I have an Aeotec Multisensor 6 and MobiLinc HD app. For those not familiar, the multi sensor reports temp, humidity, battery level, etc.  My issue is MobiLinc lists the humidity value first on the list and the app uses the first entry to reflect the status of the device. I would prefer to make the status entry in MobiLinc reflect the temperature value instead. 

I have tried to find a setting in either the app or ISY admin console to try to reorder the values without luck.

Does anyone know if there is a way to change which value MobiLinc reports in the status entry?

I have attached a couple photos to show what I am talking about.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

post-6096-0-10046500-1485810205_thumb.png

post-6096-0-52662700-1485810230_thumb.png

Hi Jason,

If the ISY doesn't send a standard ST (status) update for the device, the the fallback is to look at the supplementary status items. The order here just happens to be whatever order the ISY sends the data to MobiLinc.

Is it generally considered that in the case for multi-sensors that the temp is the most important? IE should get the prominent status value? If so, I can make that change. 

Wes

Wes,

Thanks for the reply.

The temperature value is the most important to me. But I can't speak for everyone.

I have multiple Multisensor 6 devices throughout my house and I would like to see the temperature as the status. Currently, I have to click into each device to see the temperature. 

Is there a way to give us the option to select which value displays as the status? Or does it have to be fixed on one value?

Thanks again,

Jason

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jason,

If the ISY doesn't send a standard ST (status) update for the device, the the fallback is to look at the supplementary status items. The order here just happens to be whatever order the ISY sends the data to MobiLinc.

Is it generally considered that in the case for multi-sensors that the temp is the most important? IE should get the prominent status value? If so, I can make that change. 

Wes

Wes,

Were you able to provide a solution to this post?  I see that you stated, ". . . I can make that change . . .", but I am unable to find the solution.

Thanks for your help!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Nothing had been changed yet. I'm not sure if temp should be considered the "status" of a multi-sensor. sumguy has been the only one to respond. 

Offering a more robust solution in the app to allow you to customize the status sub-node for each device will take some work to add in.

Wes

Hi Chris,

Nothing had been changed yet. I'm not sure if temp should be considered the "status" of a multi-sensor. sumguy has been the only one to respond. 

Offering a more robust solution in the app to allow you to customize the status sub-node for each device will take some work to add in.

Wes

Wes,

Thanks for your expeditious response.

In my case, the multisensor 6 status shows up as "0%" on the dashboard.  This appears to be tied to the motion sensor because it will reflect "100%" when motion is detected.  I would be happy with any other setting other than the "0% / 100%".

My multisensor 6 was added and is always powered via USB 5V.  When comparing my experience with Jason's, it seems like Mobilinc or the ISY randomly chooses the sensor to mark as "status".  Jason's is "humidity" and mine is tied to "motion".  Any idea how I can force mine to change without Mobilinc development work?

Please share the link to 'samguy' as I do not find it within this post.

Thank you!

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I can't speak for the Admin Console, but for MobiLinc, if there is no "ST" value in the subscription channel for that device, then MobiLinc falls back to the first sub-status it's told about by the ISY. I don't think this is settable in the ISY as a user setting. It would have to be programmed capability into MobiLinc.

Wes

Archived