Insteon or Zwave tempaerature sensor

daved

Does anyone know if there is an Insteon or Zwave temperature sensor compatible with the ISY 994i (with zwave module).  I am looking for something that has a temp range high enough to use in an attic.  I found a FortrezZ unit model WWA02AA - doe anyone know if this is compatible?

daved

I use the Aeotec Multisensor 6 to monitor my two freezers.  My freezers will go to -20 F.  ISY If statements range from -40 F to 140 F.  Here are the manufacturers Specs:

Model number: ZW100

Power Supply: USB DC 5V or battery power(2×CR123A batteries, 3V, 1500mAh).

Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 .

Measured Temperature Range: -10 to 50 . Accuracy: ±0.5 .

Humidity Range: 20%RH to 80%RH. Accuracy: ±5%RH (at 25 ).

Lighting: 0 LUX to 30000 LUX.

Max Motion Sensitivity: 5 metres.

Water Proofing: IP20.

Wireless Range: Up to 500feet/150 metres outdoors.

ebay has them for a reasonable price if you're patient...

daved

I use the Aeotec Multisensor 6 to monitor my two freezers.  My freezers will go to -20 F.  ISY If statements range from -40 F to 140 F.  Here are the manufacturers Specs:

Model number: ZW100

Power Supply: USB DC 5V or battery power(2×CR123A batteries, 3V, 1500mAh).

Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 .

Measured Temperature Range: -10 to 50 . Accuracy: ±0.5 .

Humidity Range: 20%RH to 80%RH. Accuracy: ±5%RH (at 25 ).

Lighting: 0 LUX to 30000 LUX.

Max Motion Sensitivity: 5 metres.

Water Proofing: IP20.

Wireless Range: Up to 500feet/150 metres outdoors.

ebay has them for a reasonable price if you're patient...

If the low operating range is 0 do you put this directly in your freezer at -20? I'm interested in the concept but just wondering if there is more to it. 

Thanks

Stan

Hey,

If you're patient, you can get them on ebay and at a good price when you purchase 2 or 3...

Be forewarned that I've found the temperature to be different for all of my sensors.  What I mean by that is that I spent a few days, with each, verifying and adjusting the temperature offset.  Humidity for my purposes has been somewhat accurate (I use one in my bathroom which controls my exhaust fan).  That same one lets me know using LUX whether the light is on or off.  Haven't used the UV detection yet as I don't have any outside.  Also, they are all on USB power too.  Overall, I'd say I'm satisfied with all of them.  What would make them better is if they were Insteon and could be included in Scenes would be great....

PhanTomiZ

Archived