Line mini Remote 4342-2 to isy994i

tcoates

am running isy994i(1120)  firmware and UI 4.5.4  on a Mac OS 10.11.5  has been running more or less OK for a few years.  sometimes flaky, but runs 95% of the time ..   recently had problems with program response,  could control device directly from the Mac, but the programs that had run before were inconsistent.   I replaced the PLM and this seems to help ... 

I have several Model 2342-2 mini remotes .. they link to the devices and seem to control things OK .. However, i would like to see them on the ADMIN CONSOLE.  the old remote 2440 shows though i will not longer program .. 

I tried the "link a 8 scene remotelinc-2 option from the dropdown and put in the address .. but this doesn't work .. if i put the admin console into linking mode .. and press the set button on the mini, nothing happens ... 

Any advise?

appreciate your time ...    tom

If you have the Plus version. Make sure the automatic writes to RF devices is enabled. Should not make a difference but I always turned it On to add remotes if it was normally Off.

There is another thread here on a similar  issue you are having.

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/21093-cannot-determine-insteon-engine-for-mini-remote/

Opening the Event Viewer on Level 3 and then trying to add it. Should show the messages between the PLM and the Mini Remote.

Using the drop down list for RemoteLinc2 modules:

Tried one of my 2342-232 4 Scene modules and it was not adding to my setup. With the Can't Determine Engine. Messages showed no responses from the Mini Remote. In my case I had misread the six digit Insteon Address due to a slightly worn label on it. :oops:

With the correct address it did work. Double checking the address label could not hurt.

The Start Linking method it did not work.

I am also having similar problems and it's very frustrating.

I installted the insteon fan controller software and want to using a 4 scene 2342-232 to invoke the control scenes but can't until I can get my isy 9941 zw to recognize the controller.

Any advice?

A test to see if the 2342-232 is not working at all or only with the ISY994i series controller.

Trying to manually link it to an Insteon Module. If it links then it is not completely dead.

If linked to a module in the Administrative Console and then doing a Show Device Links Table of the module manually linked to. You should see a record mismatch and the 2342-232's six digit ID. Remote chance the ID printed on the back label is incorrect.

That would leave an unwanted link in the module you tested with. I believe  a Restore Devise would remove it.

Archived