Help Gathering Info: 2477S on/off state losing sync

OK...

I'm pretty confused. I have a 2477S (recently swapped from 2476S to debug issue) that is part of a couple of pretty simple scenes. If I go to admin console, I can turn it on/off as a device or part of a scene and the communications seem 100% reliable.

Every once in a while (I've not been able to reliably repeat a sequence to cause), I'll turn on one of the scenes and this particular switch doesn't respond. If I check the admin console, sure enough it thinks it's off but it's on. A query command will get the ISY to refresh to the correct state and now everything is back in sync, working as it should.

Frankly, my setup has been pretty reliable so I don't have a ton of experience with wonky comms. 

Any generic or specific suggestions to gather info that might shed some light on the issue?

Thanks.

There are no generic cures. A specific suggestion is to identify the particular devices and or scenes that are not reliable plus both your firmware and UI and also the load that's being controlled, motor, CFL. LED, etc.

There are no generic cures. A specific suggestion is to identify the particular devices and or scenes that are not reliable plus both your firmware and UI and also the load that's being controlled, motor, CFL. LED, etc.

Thanks.

I'm running 4.5.4 and the load is simple 5x bulb kitchen light (above table). The bulbs are Satco 9W 2700K LED which were installed by a contractor. I have been putting LED around the house but I generally use Phillips 9W 3000K LED bulbs. Now that you've got me thinking about bulbs, I may swap them to see if that helps.

I've had issues with comms and CFLs before but haven't had any problems since moving to LED. 

A sure test is to try incandescent bulb(s) first. If that solves the problem, then you can try different LED bulbs. That will save time in the event the LEDs you try also cause a problem. In that case you can be sure that it's the bulbs and not something else.

Archived