OFFICIAL Release 2.7.0 is now available

MikeB

145 seems a little low for the type of setup you have.

Michel:

Just for the heck of it, without doing ANYTHING else, I ran another link count. This time it came up to 172.

I'm tempted to say hmmmmm or WOW imagine that...but we both know better than to venture down THAT road as it pertains to my installation. :D

Joe

I just upgraded to 2.7

I thought the UI issues were going to be fixed in the official release.

My program buttons (New, Save, Undo...)are still truncated, as are my move line up and move line down buttons.

Michel: further to Illusion's comment, this bug was introduced in one of the 2.6.x releases and only affects Macs. The problem is still present in 2.7. You should also note that the button on the modal dialog that appears after performing an update also renders improperly (it is almost completely obscured by the text on that screen).

-Jim

The good news is that i have been running one of the latest 2.6.x betas and i think i finally got everything working! About 30 devices.

The bad news is that the upgrade to 2.7 started a bunch of 'cannot communicate with x" errors that i though i had fixed. I am 'restoring device' to them and that is fixing some of the issues. Hopefully i can get them all working again. Frankly, like a lot of pc issues, monkeying with settings seems to fix things but often without the ability to know what did the trick. If i get things working, i may never upgrade the console again (yeah right).

Thanks for the great and frequent updates and help. When things work, i am very happy with the ISY. It is the only way for me to use my insteons in any way other than simple switches!

145 seems a little low for the type of setup you have.

Michel:

Just for the heck of it, without doing ANYTHING else, I ran another link count. This time it came up to 172.

I'm tempted to say hmmmmm or WOW imagine that...but we both know better than to venture down THAT road as it pertains to my installation. :D

Joe

Joe, the Show PLM Links Tables will quit as soon as another Insteon command hits the wires. If someone activates a switch or a motion sensor sends a commnd, etc.

I had to call the Read PLM Links 3 times before it completed. I have 411 links in the PLM.

Michel, I removed and re-added my IOLinc. I see the sensor reports in the log and a program I have changes True/False when the sensor changes but the device never changes Status on the Main pane.

Rand

The good news is that i have been running one of the latest 2.6.x betas and i think i finally got everything working! About 30 devices.

The bad news is that the upgrade to 2.7 started a bunch of 'cannot communicate with x" errors that i though i had fixed. I am 'restoring device' to them and that is fixing some of the issues. Hopefully i can get them all working again. Frankly, like a lot of pc issues, monkeying with settings seems to fix things but often without the ability to know what did the trick. If i get things working, i may never upgrade the console again (yeah right).

Thanks for the great and frequent updates and help. When things work, i am very happy with the ISY. It is the only way for me to use my insteons in any way other than simple switches!

Unfortunately the path using Beta upgrades is often rocky. Thank you for sticking with us. Now that i2 is implemented we can concentrate on integrating new Insteon devices and additional features.

I think some errors that occur when a new version of firmware is installed involves the Java cache and may iron themselves out.

Rand

Joe, the Show PLM Links Tables will quit as soon as another Insteon command hits the wires. If someone activates a switch or a motion sensor sends a commnd, etc.

I had to call the Read PLM Links 3 times before it completed. I have 411 links in the PLM.

Rand:

Last night (while I was watching TV...and waiting for my Kindle 2 to arrive) I started restoring my devices one by one. The house (network) was quiet, so I knew there was not any traffic. Over a period of 2 hours my link count rose from where it was before my last post (172) to 355 where it remains this morning. I believe I got them all, but I may want to try it globally just for kicks.

What would be nice is to be able to select a group of devices with either "control" or "shift" and right click the highlighted group to restore. Right now you can only "Add to Scene." And speaking of scenes, does anyone else want the ability to copy a scene like you can a program?

Joe

Rand:

Last night (while I was watching TV...and waiting for my Kindle 2 to arrive) I started restoring my devices one by one. The house (network) was quiet, so I knew there was not any traffic. Over a period of 2 hours my link count rose from where it was before my last post (172) to 355 where it remaineds this morning. I believe I got them all, but I may want to try it globally just for kicks.

355 sounds much more realistic.

What would be nice is to be able to select a group of devices with either "control" or "shift" and right click the highlighted group to restore. Right now you can only "Add to Scene." And speaking of scenes, does anyone else want the ability to copy a scene like you can a program?

Joe

Adding Restore to the menu for a scene is on our enhancement list, as is Copy Scene. Copy Scene is rather easy to work around (highlight all the devices in the original scene and Add to the new scene) so it is a low priority.

Rand

RatRanch and Illusion,

Thanks so very much for the feedback and I am so very sorry for not having fixed this. It shall be fixed shortly.

Joe, as Rand suggested, PLM link count requires quiet environment. But, I do think you have much larger problems and mostly PLM related.

Rand, unfortunately - when in momentary mode - IOLinc does NOT send the second command. This has not even been fixed in the new releases. Without the second command (i.e from On to Off or vice versa), we will have no choice but to add a query just for IOLincs.

With kind regards,

Michel

Joe, as Rand suggested, PLM link count requires quiet environment. But, I do think you have much larger problems and mostly PLM related.

Michel:

I will stop my Query programs and continue to count my links. I'll let you know if there is any inconsistancy.

Do you think it may be necessary to replace the PLM?

Joe

Hi Joe,

If you have more than 417 links, AND if you have status issues, would be an indication that it's time for a new PLM.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel:

I will stop my Query programs and continue to count my links. I'll let you know if there is any inconsistancy.

Do you think it may be necessary to replace the PLM?

Joe

If you have more than 417 links, AND if you have status issues, would be an indication that it's time for a new PLM.

Michel:

OK, considering these two statements, and the fact that I don't have more than 355 (or so the link count says - based on my setup the link calculator says 626, but we know that is just an estimator) how should I proceed?

Joe

Hi Joe,

This is what I recommend (it might be a little painful !):

File->Restore Modem ... this might take up to 1 hour

Then, count links and then we go from them.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel:

OK, considering these two statements, and the fact that I don't have more than 355 (or so the link count says - based on my setup the link calculator says 626, but we know that is just an estimator) how should I proceed?

Joe

I have an ISY-99. It offered to automatically update to this release, and I did that (backing up my configuration).

Unfortunately, I seem to be hosed. I can open the administrative console, but as soon as it opens, it posts an error dialog: "Invalid Request". I hit OK (no other option), then try to restore the configuration.

It starts loading, and then the error comes up:

"Could Not Clear Configuration in ISY uuid:..." where "..." is it's MAC address.

The telnet console shows errors like this:

H_ERROR:-10011 :

LOGGER:-10011 : n=[null] c=[null] a=[null]

Installed Modules:

None

This is Not Good.

Installed the latest Java release from Sun (do I really want JavaFX?), restarted everything, and now I get at the console fine. It reloaded my configuration, found all my devices, and all is once more well with the world.

Hello-

Would screen captures of the Mac UI issues help troubleshoot and/or resolve this? In addition to what others mentioned, I noticed that the Configuration tab is rendered strangely (too-small text boxes with a lot of empty space around them) and it doesn't allow the addition of recipients for notification. I have an assortment of hardware and OSes so I'm doing fine but I can see how this would cause problems for pure Mac households.

I don't know if anyone at Universal Devices has a Mac to see this so please let me know if you would find screen captures helpful and I will gladly send them along. Thank you.

-Rob

Dana Point, CA USA

jmb,

10011 is authentication failed (someone keeps trying to login using the wrong user id and password). Do you have Pure Networks' Network Magic installed on any of your computers?

SoCal Rob,

That would be perfect. Would you be kind enough to send them to support@universal-devices.com? I would sincerely appreciate it.

Yes, we do have ONE MAC .

With kind regards,

Michel

Installed the latest Java release from Sun (do I really want JavaFX?), restarted everything, and now I get at the console fine. It reloaded my configuration, found all my devices, and all is once more well with the world.

I'm experiencing a problem that appears to be isolated to ToggleLinc Dimmers v.35 and Scenes in the ISY-99. When controlling the ToggleLincs using a Scene in ISY-99 it isn't reliable. The admin console will always report the switches are in the correct state but when I look at the lights not all are in the correct state and when I query the scene it always correctly reports the state the switches are actually in. This problem only happens on the v.35 switches. My v.2A switches don't have this problem.

If I command the switches individually they always work just fine.

When I check the log file the status associated with the scene on/off commands all reflect what the command was. If I then query the scene I see two status lines for each switch and for the switches that are in the wrong state the first status line is wrong and the second accurately reflects the switch state.

This is getting confusing so let me show you part of the log file. In this case the Basement Bedroom and the Basement Table didn't get turned-off by the Scene Off command which you can see for the scene query started at 01:09:09 AM.

Scene:Scene - Basement Off Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:04 AM Web Log

Light, Basement Bedroom Status 0% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:04 AM System Log

Light, Basement TV Status 0% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:04 AM System Log

Light, Basement Foosball Status 0% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:04 AM System Log

Light, Basement Sewing Status 0% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:04 AM System Log

Light, Basement Table Status 0% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:04 AM System Log

Light, Basement Bedroom Status 0% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:09 AM Web Log

Light, Basement Bedroom Status 100% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:10 AM System Log

Light, Basement Bedroom On Level 100% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:11 AM System Log

Light, Basement Bedroom Ramp Rate 0.5 Sec Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:11 AM System Log

Light, Basement TV Status 0% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:11 AM Web Log

Light, Basement TV Status 0% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:12 AM System Log

Light, Basement TV On Level 100% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:22 AM System Log

Light, Basement TV Ramp Rate 0.5 Sec Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:22 AM System Log

Light, Basement Foosball Status 0% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:22 AM Web Log

Light, Basement Foosball Status 0% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:26 AM System Log

Light, Basement Foosball On Level 100% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:27 AM System Log

Light, Basement Foosball Ramp Rate 0.5 Sec Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:27 AM System Log

Light, Basement Sewing Status 0% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:27 AM Web Log

Light, Basement Sewing Status 0% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:28 AM System Log

Light, Basement Sewing On Level 100% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:29 AM System Log

Light, Basement Sewing Ramp Rate 0.5 Sec Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:29 AM System Log

Light, Basement Table Status 0% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:29 AM Web Log

Light, Basement Table Status 100% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:29 AM System Log

Light, Basement Table On Level 100% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:30 AM System Log

Light, Basement Table Ramp Rate 0.5 Sec Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:30 AM System Log

I have the ISY setup to automatically detect the correct protocol. I also tried setting it to device reported with the same results.

Any suggestions or ideas? Has anyone else seen this problem?

I've seen this problem in al least the last two beta versions. I downloaded version 2.7.0 tonight and still have the same problem.

Hi porter,

I am so very sorry to hear about this problem.

Please use Tools->Diagnostics->Scene Test to see if your devices respond to scene commands. And, if when they don't, please move around your Access Points. In most cases, more Access Points will surely solve this problem.

With kind regards,

Michel

I'm experiencing a problem that appears to be isolated to ToggleLinc Dimmers v.35 and Scenes in the ISY-99. When controlling the ToggleLincs using a Scene in ISY-99 it isn't reliable. The admin console will always report the switches are in the correct state but when I look at the lights not all are in the correct state and when I query the scene it always correctly reports the state the switches are actually in. This problem only happens on the v.35 switches. My v.2A switches don't have this problem.

If I command the switches individually they always work just fine.

When I check the log file the status associated with the scene on/off commands all reflect what the command was. If I then query the scene I see two status lines for each switch and for the switches that are in the wrong state the first status line is wrong and the second accurately reflects the switch state.

This is getting confusing so let me show you part of the log file. In this case the Basement Bedroom and the Basement Table didn't get turned-off by the Scene Off command which you can see for the scene query started at 01:09:09 AM.

Scene:Scene - Basement Off Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:04 AM Web Log

Light, Basement Bedroom Status 0% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:04 AM System Log

Light, Basement TV Status 0% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:04 AM System Log

Light, Basement Foosball Status 0% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:04 AM System Log

Light, Basement Sewing Status 0% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:04 AM System Log

Light, Basement Table Status 0% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:04 AM System Log

Light, Basement Bedroom Status 0% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:09 AM Web Log

Light, Basement Bedroom Status 100% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:10 AM System Log

Light, Basement Bedroom On Level 100% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:11 AM System Log

Light, Basement Bedroom Ramp Rate 0.5 Sec Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:11 AM System Log

Light, Basement TV Status 0% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:11 AM Web Log

Light, Basement TV Status 0% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:12 AM System Log

Light, Basement TV On Level 100% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:22 AM System Log

Light, Basement TV Ramp Rate 0.5 Sec Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:22 AM System Log

Light, Basement Foosball Status 0% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:22 AM Web Log

Light, Basement Foosball Status 0% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:26 AM System Log

Light, Basement Foosball On Level 100% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:27 AM System Log

Light, Basement Foosball Ramp Rate 0.5 Sec Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:27 AM System Log

Light, Basement Sewing Status 0% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:27 AM Web Log

Light, Basement Sewing Status 0% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:28 AM System Log

Light, Basement Sewing On Level 100% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:29 AM System Log

Light, Basement Sewing Ramp Rate 0.5 Sec Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:29 AM System Log

Light, Basement Table Status 0% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:29 AM Web Log

Light, Basement Table Status 100% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:29 AM System Log

Light, Basement Table On Level 100% Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:30 AM System Log

Light, Basement Table Ramp Rate 0.5 Sec Tue 02/24/2009 01:09:30 AM System Log

I have the ISY setup to automatically detect the correct protocol. I also tried setting it to device reported with the same results.

Any suggestions or ideas? Has anyone else seen this problem?

I've seen this problem in al least the last two beta versions. I downloaded version 2.7.0 tonight and still have the same problem.

Hi Porter,

My pleasure. Please also do a compare between ISY Link Table and Device Link Table to see if there are any discrepancies between links.

So, if the scene test passes all the time but the scene fails to activate, then, I would try moving around the access points just to see if that makes any difference. If not, I would suspect noise (what are these lights connected to) and finally defective switches.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks for such a quick reply Michael!

I forget to mention, I ran the Scene test several times and it passed every time.

IMPORTANT

Please note there is an issue with firmware version 2.6.15 and higher that may cause a corrupt file system if the user tries to factory reset the ISY.

Please do not attempt a factory reset without assistance from someone at UDI until further notice.

Thanks

I've been testing 2.7 and decided to replace my PLM.... Using the Restore PLM command, I always get to about 12% and then it dies with a dialog box that says "Error" "Request Failed". When I run it with the event viewer open, I see that it dies at the exact same place each time... It just finishes with a Switchlinc and says replacing PLM links successful and the next line is Replacing PLM links: Incomplete

That's when the error box shows up.

I tried this exact same thing back in 2.6.12 and got the same error --- thought it might have been fixed by now. I'm going to do a restore on the ISY and plug my old PLM back in for the momemt. I have about 400+ links on the old unit, after completing on the new one, I only show about 260 --- won't go much beyond that.

Any ideas?

Also patiently waiting for the EZIO8 code :-)

Brian

I've been testing 2.7 and decided to replace my PLM.... Using the Restore PLM command, I always get to about 12% and then it dies with a dialog box that says "Error" "Request Failed". When I run it with the event viewer open, I see that it dies at the exact same place each time... It just finishes with a Switchlinc and says replacing PLM links successful and the next line is Replacing PLM links: Incomplete

That's when the error box shows up.

I tried this exact same thing back in 2.6.12 and got the same error --- thought it might have been fixed by now. I'm going to do a restore on the ISY and plug my old PLM back in for the momemt. I have about 400+ links on the old unit, after completing on the new one, I only show about 260 --- won't go much beyond that.

Any ideas?

Also patiently waiting for the EZIO8 code :-)

Brian

If there is any traffic on the Insteon network the communication with the PLM will fail. Do you have any motion sensors? Is someone activating a switch?

If not I would suspect the 400+ links limit is a problem on the new PLM.

Rand

Archived