Keypadlinc 6 and 8 Button only showing 4 nodes

PhanTomiZ

Just to be sure, you don't set the Dim level of a dimmer to set back light brightness. You set the backlight on/off levels.

Yes.  I realized that I may have interchanged the terminology.  It is indeed the "LED Brightness" in which I cannot adjust.

Here's the instructions for setting the LED brightness level on older KPLs:

Variable Backlight Brightness
KeypadLinc Dimmer’s button backlighting can be set to two different brightness levels.
• If six key button plate is installed, simultaneously press the “A” and “D” buttons to toggle between backlight levels.
• If eight key button plate is installed, simultaneously press the “C” and “F” buttons to toggle between backlight levels.

Here's the instructions for setting the LED brightness level on older KPLs:

Variable Backlight Brightness

KeypadLinc Dimmer’s button backlighting can be set to two different brightness levels.

• If six key button plate is installed, simultaneously press the “A” and “D” buttons to toggle between backlight levels.

• If eight key button plate is installed, simultaneously press the “C” and “F” buttons to toggle between backlight levels.

Hi,

I started to respond to your message and decided to reread it a second time.  "Two Different Brightness Levels" was the important part of the sentence I missed.  When I was hitting the two buttons, I really wasn't paying attention to the levels of brightness.  You are correct in saying that there are two.  Saying this, the levels are very close.  I was expecting the difference to be like "dim" and "bright".

Also with these KPLs, as Teken noted, when I hit any of the buttons they flicker as if to show network traffic.  Mimicking the "RX" Led light on the ISY.

So the problem with "backlight level" or "LED Brightness" is resolved.  Not necessarily to my liking, but nonetheless resolved.

Thanks 

PhanTomiZ

This is a software upgrade only. Send a request to UDI with your UUID and they will enable the pro option.

=========================

The highest calling in life is to serve ones country faithfully - Teach others what can be. Do what is right and not what is popular.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I've had these KPLs for a while now and haven't had the time to install them.  Decided to install two on the weekend.  A 6 and 8 button KPL.  The first KPL 6 Button linked up fine showing 5 nodes:

A

B

C

D

When I linked the next KPL (I tried both a 6 button and an 8 button), I could only get 4 nodes with either.

B

C

D

I have a regular ISY994iZW.  Not a pro.  Have I somehow run up to my limit of Nodes/capabilities for my ISY?

PhanTomiZ

Hi,

Just upgraded to ISY Pro version online and restarted my ISY(finally).  Now all nodes are showing up when linking my devices.

Thanks to everyone who responded

PhanTomiZ

Archived