LampLinc stuck with "Write Updates" Icon - Won't Update

nathagt

Hello -

I have a LampLinc that started giving me problems within the last few days, can't say for sure which day exactly. I have recently replaced a toggle switch with a newer dimmer switch, and added on/off switch and a 6-button keypad. The keypad has 4 halogen bulbs on it because I was getting a flicker with my normal LEDs. Just trying to include any pertinent information. 

I replaced the toggle switch in ISY using the "replace device with" and had no issues. I first noticed issues with the LampLinc when I created a new scene and all the other devices added fine but it had the green arrow on it. Today it still had it and I noticed it had not responded to the scene. I told it to write updates and it didn't work. I've been messing with it for a few hours now trying everything I can think of. I unlinked it from a motion sensor and did the unlinking procedure with two other devices that I thought could possibly be controlling it. I did factory reset per the manual, restore device in the ISY, and device links table comparison. I usually get an error when that runs (Failed writing/reading device link -2000000/-51). I managed to get those in sync by using the load/save/start tool. 

The device still has the green arrow and when the ISY is trying to talk to it the system is busy almost continuously. I've attached an event log that was running while I tried to write to the device and do a restore . The problem device in question is 14.2D.93. 

ISY-Events-Log.v4.5.1__Wed 2017.03.15 10.59.46 PM.txt

Sometimes, trying the write process another day, or at different times of the day works. I have always assumed that the electrical environment can be more troublesome at some times than orhers.

Also, try temporarult moving the lamplinc to the same outlet as the PLM.

Select Restore Device first, then Write Updates ...

I was pretty sure I had done that at one point last night. I tried it again just now but it didn't change the results. Device still has the green arrow next to it. Can someone from UDI look at the log I posted? I found some similar threads where users were asked to run event viewer at level 3 so I did that last night and attached it to my post. 

Put the PLM on an extension cord, and locate the PLM near the device. See if it is then successful.

If so, this is indication of a weak/dying PLM and/or power-line interference.

I normally program new devices on a zip cord plugged-in next to the PLM. I do it because it is faster. (Fewer hops.)

I was pretty sure I had done that at one point last night. I tried it again just now but it didn't change the results. Device still has the green arrow next to it. Can someone from UDI look at the log I posted? I found some similar threads where users were asked to run event viewer at level 3 so I did that last night and attached it to my post. 

What version of the ISY firmware and UI do you have installed?

What's the date code and version info on your lamplinc (from the sticker on the back of the device)?

It appears that you have a communication issue and either a device or ISY firmware that may not be current

What's the date code and firmware info on your PLM?

Put the PLM on an extension cord, and locate the PLM near the device. See if it is then successful.

If so, this is indication of a weak/dying PLM and/or power-line interference.

I normally program new devices on a zip cord plugged-in next to the PLM. I do it because it is faster. (Fewer hops.)

So I did this and it worked! I'm thinking it could be interference since I have a lot of other devices further from the PLM than this that aren't having the same issues. Just for reference, I'm running 4.5.1 firmware and 4.4.5 UI. I have the ISY994i (1120). 

So I did this and it worked! I'm thinking it could be interference since I have a lot of other devices further from the PLM than this that aren't having the same issues. Just for reference, I'm running 4.5.1 firmware and 4.4.5 UI. I have the ISY994i (1120). 

The ISY firmware and the UI should always be the same version. It's best to upgrade your firmware to 4.5.4

I'm not sure how they'd get out of sync. When you upgrade firmware does it also upgrade UI?

Counter-intuitive though it might seem, a firmware upgrade does not upgrade the UI.  You have to download and install that separately (though you can download the UI app from either UDI's web site or from your ISY once you've upgraded it).

I'm not sure how they'd get out of sync. When you upgrade firmware does it also upgrade UI?

No, you have to update each one individually

When you update the UI you first must delete both your Java cache and all java applications before downloading the UI.

Be sure to do a ISY backup before any ISY firmware update

Archived