Slow response from program

CJVann

My kitchen over-the-cabinet lights were turned on/off by motion only (uses a LampLinc). I wrote 2 programs so that whenever the main kitchen light is off, pressing "off" again will toggle the cabinet lights between on & off.

This takes about 2 seconds to respond. Is this normal, or is there something that can be changed to speed it up? I see Insteon traffic right away when I press the light switch - maybe it's doing a query instead of going by ISY's status?

Program 1 (To toggle the light OFF)

If
    (
         Control 'Kitchen: Light' is switched Off
     Or  Control 'Kitchen: Slave' is switched Off
    )
  And Status 'Kitchen Light' is Off
  And Status 'Kitchen Cabinet Lights' is On
Then
     Set 'Kitchen Cabinet Lights' Fast Off

Program 2 (To toggle the light ON)

If
    (
         Control 'Kitchen: Light' is switched Off
     Or  Control 'Kitchen: Slave' is switched Off
    )
  And Status 'Kitchen Light' is Off
  And Status 'Kitchen Cabinet Lights' is Off
Then
     Set 'Kitchen Cabinet Lights' On

There is a delay when you use ISY programs to perform actions based on triggers (switch presses, etc) instead of using scenes. The signal has to make it from the switch to the PLM, the ISY has to process it, then send a command back to the PLM which then broadcasts it to the powerline.

Device-to-device links (scenes) are much faster, but don't have the logic to do what you need in your programs.

That being said - I think 2 seconds sounds a bit long, but may be normal. Most of the things I do with ISY programs that are similar take, I'd say, 1-2 seconds to react.

Archived