Automatic swing door opener

little66085

OK, Guys, here is one to get you creative juices flowing.  I need to install a automatic swing door opener for our 200# dogs as there is no way to install dog door.  The opener has a variety of 12v dc NO and NO contact points.  I need to install something to allow the dogs to open the door from both the inside and outside.  My best solution is to install proximity readers that can read a "key fob" type card (installed on collars) and will read the dogs collar to open the door.  I have not been able to find one that reads over 4".  Any ideas or suggestions?  I have ISY and ELK.  Thanks!

trackR has some "coins" that transmit Bluetooth and are absolutely useless for the purpose sold. Their range is the typical range of Bluetooth, about 10 feet. Using an RPi that can detect BT may work if how to interface with the signal can be discovered, sending a signal to the ISY REST interface (that part is easy)

The other thing that comes to mind is a thick rope tied on the outside of a pneumatic self closing door. Train a few dogs to push the door open to go outside, and pull the rope, from outside, to go in, making use of the slow close.

Another would be a couple of well placed, and shrouded, Insteon MS units and an IOLink, using it's output contacts to activate an input to the door circuit.

Archived