Feature request -- Add option to stay logged in

fasttimes

Hi fasttimes,

It's really a huge security hole especially for mobile devices. it's one thing to let customers choose to have the browser save their username/password. It's completely another to let a session linger on for eternity on the server.

With this said, I must humbly not accept the feature request. So sorry.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi fasttimes,It's really a huge security hole especially for mobile devices. it's one thing to let customers choose to have the browser save their username/password. It's completely another to let a session linger on for eternity on the server.With this said, I must humbly not accept the feature request. So sorry.With kind regards,Michel

How about increasing the timeout period to an hour? It is a major pain in the neck working with scripts, IFTTT, etc with it timing out on me each time and then i have to navigate back to the same spot.

Idea: persist the user's page selection in the portal on the server, cookie, or localstorage (localstorage is probably best), so that when they log in again, they are in the same place.

Optionally, persist navigation history as well. (window.history)

This at least makes it less painful when they have been logged-out.

Since many/most users probably use a password manager or let their browser save passwords, it seems to me the bulk of the burden is the re-navigation, not re-logging-in.

Idea: persist the user's page selection in the portal on the server, cookie, or localstorage (localstorage is probably best), so that when they log in again, they are in the same place.

Optionally, persist navigation history as well. (window.history)

This at least makes it less painful when they have been logged-out.

Since many/most users probably use a password manager or let their browser save passwords, it seems to me the bulk of the burden is the re-navigation, not re-logging-in.

The navigation is indeed the annoyance. Persistence of some sort would make it more palatable. Personally I would have developed the pages to use a more RESTful Uri pattern. So if your session times out, a new call would bring you to an authentication page and then bring you right back to where you left off. That would prevent the use of the pop-up modal dialogs, but that is a good thing IMO. The current design looks like it is a single web-page application so it would probably require a rewrite to use such a pattern. The easiest thing to do would be to bump up the timeout period.

15-30-60 minutes, there is little difference. "We've already established that you ARE that sort of woman, said Mr Churchhill. Now we are just neogotiating on price"

Archived