Widgets and Scene Initiation

sfhutchi

Is there any ability to add devices or scenes to a widget so that you don't have to navigate into the app and through the menu to turn on a light or a scene?

I like the app, but have a few questions.  When I add a scene to 'Home', I get a button that displays the 'status' of a scene.  It displays percentage information which doesn't seem to have much use.  I understand that I can adjust how this is calculated, but what I really need is a button that simply allows me to initiate a scene.  Similar to what I do on a keypadlinc.  Set the button to initiate 'Scene On'.  Period.  You can set the button to be a toggle or not.  How do I emulate this with Agave?

Based on some experimentation, I was able to have something similar in a 'room'.  This appears to be a simple toggle of a scene.

Any suggestions?

Last, I put my external IP address for my ISY in the secondary IP box.  Agave however says that this is not valid.  I suspect that my router is blocking a port needed?

Is there any ability to add devices or scenes to a widget so that you don't have to navigate into the app and through the menu to turn on a light or a scene?

I like the app, but have a few questions.  When I add a scene to 'Home', I get a button that displays the 'status' of a scene.  It displays percentage information which doesn't seem to have much use.  I understand that I can adjust how this is calculated, but what I really need is a button that simply allows me to initiate a scene.  Similar to what I do on a keypadlinc.  Set the button to initiate 'Scene On'.  Period.  You can set the button to be a toggle or not.  How do I emulate this with Agave?

Based on some experimentation, I was able to have something similar in a 'room'.  This appears to be a simple toggle of a scene.

Any suggestions?

Last, I put my external IP address for my ISY in the secondary IP box.  Agave however says that this is not valid.  I suspect that my router is blocking a port needed?

Are you looking at a toggle switch or a momentary switch?  Currently Agave uses a toggle switch for scene activation and deactivation.  

As for the percentage, that can be used as an indicator if you have one or two sets of lights on or off from a scene that may have multiple sets or devices attached.  In this case, if it were me and I wanted to turn the scene on I would have to navigate into the details screen activity to turn the scene on because the toggle would actually be active because of partial on status.  I am assuming that you would want to do it from the favorites screen to save yourself a step.  

apostolakisl answered the last question spot on.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived