begining to program

jkraus

just received my isy-99 and starting to program. I have gotten use to the interface, but I have one basic question:

I do not see "variables" so this question may be left over from my Ocelot Programming days.

What I used to do on my Ocelot is have two "Pool Pump" programs, one for winter and one for summer. Then at the proper time of the year (by seasonal warmth, not a set date) I would simply go in and change the variable then the program for winter would not run (checked against the variable status) and the summer program would start running. Very easy to change.

I am sure there is a similar way in isy language, just need a little help

Thanks

Joe

Use a program as a flag (it can even be an empty program). When you (or another program) execute the "Run Then" the program becomes True, and when you "Run Else" it becomes False. Other programs can then use this flag as a trigger. (I believe programs are all set "False" on boot-up, so use caution.)

Additionally, from the Program Summary tab you can manually set a program/flag to True or False by right clicking it. You can also Enable or Disable a program in the same way, so it doesn't run automatically.

matapan

yes, could do that but as in my orig. statement, I do not know when the time will be that the warmth of summer starts, so was willing to manually make the change, but by date does not cut is, as I also have to change some valves on the pool pump when I go into summer mode

Thx

Joe

I have the same issue with sprinkler controls. I disable the summer folder during the off months, and wait till the summer season starts.

I've been toying with the idea of using a Keypadlinc button activation to signal the start of the season. That way, there are no coding changes required.

just received my isy-99 and starting to program. I have gotten use to the interface, but I have one basic question:

I do not see "variables" so this question may be left over from my Ocelot Programming days.

What I used to do on my Ocelot is have two "Pool Pump" programs, one for winter and one for summer. Then at the proper time of the year (by seasonal warmth, not a set date) I would simply go in and change the variable then the program for winter would not run (checked against the variable status) and the summer program would start running. Very easy to change.

I am sure there is a similar way in isy language, just need a little help

Thanks

Joe

Yes Joe, there are no explicit variables in the ISY.

What you want to use are Folder Conditions to specify dates. Within Folder Conditions can be more Folder Conditions like times and finally Program Conditions to achieve nested If/Thens.

Boolean (True/False) variables are global program conditions and can be manipulated and interpreted by other ISY programs.

Rand

Archived