Echo Show

jleves

If there's a browser on there, then I'm sure you could. I didn't see anything in their video that showed a plain web browser. You'd need some kind of on-screen keyboard, I suppose, and I didn't see that either. I'm sure more info will be coming out soon.

I pre-ordered two also; I need help!

Hi, my name is Mark, and I am an Echoholic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Mark. First step, walk away from the computer, think about if you really will use it and if the family will. Then proceed on...

I pre-ordered two also; I need help!

Hi, my name is Mark, and I am an Echoholic.

Actually step one is realizing you have a problem! Hahahah

Welcome Mark. First step, walk away from the computer, think about if you really will use it and if the family will. Then proceed on...

Actually step one is realizing you have a problem! Hahahah

But, I have to buy it, to find out what it's all about......hmmmmmmmmm.....seems I heard something like that before. So, I ordered two.

I can already do the same thing with a repurposed iPad and Siri. And with Homebridge (aka HomeKit) Siri can already control my ISY, Elk, and view cameras. Even remotely and on my Apple Watch.

I'll wait to read actual customer reviews and see if Apple launches a similar product at WWDC.

Does anyone know if there will be a way to display and use the ISY dashboard on the upcoming Echo Show? That would really make getting the Show a slam dunk for me.

I'm on the Alexa developer list and it looks like they're at least going to add some more skills. I'm actually excited for this as it will fit well with what we do in our kitchen. Plus it has Ring integration to see the front door which is nice.

From Amazon

-----

Today, Amazon introduced Echo Show, a new device that brings you everything you love about Alexa, and now she can show you things. With Echo Show, customers can watch video flash briefings and YouTube, and see music lyrics, smart home cameras, photos, weather forecasts, to-do and shopping lists, and more. We are also excited to announce we are adding new capabilities to the Alexa Skills Kit that will enable you to optimize your skills for the screen and connect smart home cameras to Alexa.

Archived