August Doorbell

JayC

Does anyone have one?  Hard to find a lot of information and demo videos on this since new firmware has been released beyond the 2016 reviews that are out there.  I recently came into a good deal on them and picked them up for $49 a piece.  (See my SD Post:  https://slickdeals.net/f/10134556-home-automation-goodies-ymmv?v=1&p=99770672#post99770672) If someone has one can you give me your 2 cents?  The negative reviews on Amazon, coupled with the fact that it seems the best part is that you have the August locks to get the true benefit from this doorbell, which I don't.  Makes me wonder if this is worth it even at $49.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

August is pretty nice and it's even better if you own other August products. But if we take August Doorbell Cam and rate is solely as a smart video doorbell, it's nothing special. Compared to other notable devices like Skybell HD and Ring Pro, August can't offer the owner anything special or unique. Considering that all of those video doorbells are in the same price range, purchasing August instead of those two won't be a smart decision.

I've used August Doorbell Cam previously and it was a mess. I constantly got false alerts and the support team wasn't much of a help.

August is pretty nice and it's even better if you own other August products.

This was what I was afraid of.  Also their lack of integration with other devices besides their own is very off putting.  Hard decision to make considering I got a heck of a deal on them.

Also my cry about all of the major manufacturers that they don't support a open feed of the camera therefore I cant integrate it into my already existing DVR system and strong armed into paying for cloud storage if you want any history.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived