ISY vs. MobiLinc Portal --- Comparison

Randall Grogan

I currently use MobiLinc as my portal back to the ISY994.  I rarely use the MobiLinc applications for control of my system, but do periodically use the widgets on my iPhone/iPad to control scenes.  Of late, I have started using Alexa to control lighting and fans.  The vast majority of my hardware is Insteon, with some Philips Hue and z-wave devices (Schlauge).

While I am very satisfied with MobiLinc and have not had reason to be concerned about my choice, I am curious what (if any) differences there are between the two services.  Since they are mutually exclusive, I can't compare.  

Can anyone highlight what functionality might be available in one portal versus the other?

While I (mostly) agree with Michel here, in my opinion there is one reason to consider switching, if it's applicable to you.

If you ever migrate from IOS to Android for your mobile devices.

Mobilinc support on Android is arguably poor (I know they are seeking a developer to make this better), and the alternative Android apps do not easily use the Mobilinc Portal, and are generally optimized for the ISY Portal.

On IOS, you cannot get much better (at the present time) than a combination of Mobilinc and Mobilinc Connect.

Which to choose if you have a mix of devices is less clear. Best to stick with what you have and know, unless a compelling difference emerges in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived