Leak Sensor

I purchased (2) leak sensors via Amazon. Both are in the attic for the AC and hot water heater overflows. The AC gave me a false wet trigger. It also stopped giving me a heartbeat. I requested a replacement. The new one seems to work, but again, there is no heartbeat status.

When testing the devices, I dipped them in water and saw a fast led blink. The status changed to wet and stayed there. If I tap the set button, it updates the wet / dry state. I don't know how long it should take without manually hitting the set button.

• If I am not getting a heartbeat is it defective or does it take a long time to get this status?
  • False wet trigger - defective?
  • It gets hot in the attic and I say the spec says 104 degrees. Any thoughts on this?

I saw some other posts, but they did not answer my questions.

Thanks

The heartbeat is at ~24 hour intervals, so once a day only. Heat/humidity combined might affect the sensor. I've had good luck with regular devices in the attic like inlinelincs and iolincs... between 120 - 130. Maybe sensors aren't ready for that kind of punishment

Paul

Attics can boil water and produce steam  in thermal solar systems, in Canada here, depending on the sky conditions. Winter can be the worst due to clear skies.

This is dependant on where it is placed and how much ventilation cools it, of course.

I think that I found one issue from reading the forums. The (4) feet appear to be sensors. When placed in the metal overflow tray, it triggers a wet condition.

Now, I placed a piece of paper under the sensor. Will see if this helps.

Looks like you have found one of your issues.

The sales web page and Quick Guide do show conductive water sensing feet. Though I did not see any warning about using on a metal surface. That would trip a wet condition.

Looks like you have found one of your issues.

The sales web page and Quick Guide do show conductive water sensing feet. Though I did not see any warning about using on a metal surface. That would trip a wet condition.

When I placed the sensor in the metal tray, I saw the led blink. It triggered a wet condition and send me a text message (via my program). That does not seem like a coincidence. 

Wet sensing is done via the two metal ball feet on the bottom at one end.

The leak detector method is to detect electrical conduction that impure water does well.

Metal shorts out the two metal probes and should send a wet on signal, and a dry off signal.

Tapping the button on top will send the opposite signals and clear the ISY statuses, making it ready for usage again.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

I don't know why, but on mine tapping the button just clears the status. It does the opposite on the first tap only. any further taps does not reverse the wet/dry.

My units are V.44 is ISY and the label has Rev 2.5

I don't know why, but on mine tapping the button just clears the status. It does the opposite on the first tap only. any further taps does not reverse the wet/dry.

My units are V.44 is ISY and the label has Rev 2.5

That is how it I supposed to work. Not "reverse", but "reset".

Archived